Getting impatient now; should I?!?

Just noticed you are in Preston, are you booked at Royal Preston Hospital?

I am too and my 12 week scan lady was absolutely lovely. I also had a doctor training on the machine and got 3 photos for the price of 1 for allowing doctor to play for 15 mins after the scan lady.

If you are at Preston, they will tell you the sex of the baby, although its one hospital that only allows 1 person in the scan with you.

Mine is 1st December and can't wait, they were so good last time :thumbup:

Yes I am at Preston hospital. I must have caught my lady on a bad day, she wasn't friendly at all. :cry:

Hopefully my next one will be more pleasant!!

If its going to make you happy then go for it! :flower:

....Just seen you've already booked one. Awesome! Enjoy dear :D

I would go for it, we went to babybond in southampton for a gender scanand they were great, my nhs 12wk scan wasnt great either and didnt think i would get told the gender at my 20wk so i managed to persuade the hubby to go for it and it was the best thing i did

Thank you everyone!

I do feel better for doing it. The countdown begins!! :blue: or :pink: eek! :winkwink:

Someone at work just said it would be too early for me to know the gender when i get my scan. :cry:

I will be 16+5, is that too early?

Babybond wouldn't of let you pick that date if they weren't able to tell.

Providing you put in the right EDD then you'll be fine:flower:I'm sure they do gender scans from 16 weeks onwards anyway :winkwink:

You know you can't afford it! These scans can be addictive.
Like you I had early scans and then the 12 week scan. I was very seriously considering paying for a private one at 17 weeks as i will be nearly 21 weeks by my next scan and the wait seems like forever. My OH was even happy to pay for it.

But I have been very very good and held out and saved the money! We need the money more to buy stuff for when the baby is here. (I did get a 25 pound doppler instead though!)

Also the private scans are mostly just for "bonding" they won't do "health checks" and that is what your 20 weeks scan is for. The 20 week scan is supposed to take longer, they have a lot of things to check for, so hopefully you willl have a better experience.

If you could afford it, then fine. But it sounds like you have money worries already and you need that money to put towards getting yourself ready for the baby.

https://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/se...r-scan-made-me-fall-head-over-heels-love.html

this is my experience with baby bond last week, they do a dvd for £20 extra and I must say I am very glad that we bought that too.

I would say go for it.... I have my 20 week scan in two weeks and i dont care that I spent an extra £99 , it was worth every penny!!!!

good luck xxx

For now I am ok financially, thankfully I have had a lot of help from family, but I know that is no excuse to go spending what I do have. I just see it as my treat because I don't do anything at all. :(

I have spread it too so the deposit (£30 has come out of this wage, and the £49 will be out of next wage).

The issues with my OH, I am separating at the moment because he is living with his mum and I am leaving him responsible to sort his own mess.

After my December wage and Christmas has gone, every single penny is going on baby. :)

Well it's a bit more affordable then if it is spread out. And also you have probably given up lots of going out spending money since you have been pregnant.
At least it might make up for your poor nhs experience, see it as an Xmas present!

That is what I thought, considering the amount of money I spent on going out and getting bottles of wine, I have done really well. The only thing I have done is go to the cinema with my friend, whilst he goes out acting normal.

It is something to look forward to in my otherwise miserable existence lol.

Aww we have our anomaly scans on the same date :') I've been thinking about going for a early scan because of impatience, I suppose it's a personal decision. I do know when my cousin was pregnant with twins, she had a 16 week scan and could tell the sexes (both little girlies) so it depends I think...

i loved my experience with baby bond, they were lovely, yes i think its pricey but for me it was so worth it, this is my third baby but i never had baby bond scans with my last two, and i have to say nhs hospitals wernt to nice revealin gender for me, obviously i know they are there to check baby is ok not give you such news but, babybond were just lovely, big screen to see baby on and it was just lovely, i couldnt recommend it enough xx

I think it is totally worth it, I think if you are anxious and worried about baby then you wont be able to enjoy being pregnant so much. I had a private scan at 7.5weeks (£25) and was so glad I did. I wasn't impressed with the NHS 12 week scan at all, although it was nice to see him/her bouncing around :) I have booked in for a 3d scan on 26th November and I cant wait! It isn't a gender scan as such as they claim they will only attempt that at 22 weeks - just hoping its blaringly obvious! I really want a dvd to watch back too, I feel like I miss the baby already (I know thats daft!). Cant wait to see your pictures xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"