Getting in best health before TTC

gillian.s

Reaction score
Hey! I have a 14 month old ds and myself and my oh just decided that I should get my implanon bar removed 😁 getting it out next week and then will be waiting a couple months before TTC, I want to get myself in the best health possible before we try. This will be my third pregnancy, first was a mmc, and my ds has spina bifida so trying to make this pregnancy go as uneventful as possible! Any tips for getting my body baby ready? I would like to lose about a stone in weight and reduce sugar consumption :) I'm vegan so eat lots of veg, pulses and whole grains 😁

Good luck on ttc! Pregnacare do a conception multivitamin for him and her and they're usually always on 3 for £10 in boots and asda, 1 pack has 30 capsules if i remember rightly. Green tea is supposed to be beneficial for weight loss, along with apparently many other benefits.

Im not a great deal of help but this end of the site is pretty quiet so thought id share what i know, itd be nice to see it more lively!

I hope everything works out well for you

Advice to me from a friend who had a relatively uneventful pregnancy and now has a beautiful 16-month-old was to get your core as strong as possible to make your recovery easier. Sit ups, core strength classes, etc.

I agree with the core strength, i'm focusing on that this time round and weight loss and eating right. I thought i was in good shape last time but my core could've been much stronger and maybe i would've been able to push more effectively?? I would suggest a drs visit to have a once over make sure youre not lacking anything. I take evening primrose oil and apparantly its good for keeping your reproductive system healthy.

We have a year or so before we try again but I'm hoping to get into better shape by then as well. I had a lot of pregnancy pains last time because my muscles were so weak! Plus losing this weight only to gain it back. Lol

I just had a mmc and my goal now is to try to get in the best shape I can while we wait to try again. Hopefully it will be a short wait, but I am really going to concentrate on eating well and working on my core. I have heard that you take longer to show with a strong core so I'm hoping that means I can also save money by delaying maternity clothes for a while.

Swimming targets the muscles used in labour
Also while preg helps with aches
I at least end you are weightless in water
Which feels great
And it help get baby into position
Best of luck xx

Can I join?! :flower:

DH & I are fairly certain we are going to go for #3! We won't start TTC for several months. I'd like to start TTC this fall but I want to lose weight and get into better shape first. I'd like to lose at least 30lbs and make sure I'm eating the best foods. I've also started taking vitamins and probiotics now so they can get built up in my system. My midwife when DD#2 was born suggested starting prenatals 3 months before TTC.

I am WTT for #1 one of the things I need to do first is get into shape.. hoping to lose at least 50-60lbs although honestly could lose up to 100lbs possibly a little more >.< Have been to the doctors and found nothing wrong with me (this was over a year ago so will be checking again just in case) but no matter what my weight wont go consistently down, it very slowly, but constantly creeps up. So I end up gaining about 11lbs a year... I can go down by 15lbs over first 3 weeks, then nothing for weeks no matter what I do. Doctors even put me on Duromine, while exercising and eating small healthy meals.. over 1 month I lost about 6-8lbs(which at my weight is nothing- I naturally fluctuate by about 3lbs during the day- I can lose 1-2lbs just sleeping).. waste of a lot of money, sigh, but as ever will keep trying.. Can't give up.. Got a baby as motivation :) Sorry for the long ramble, just frustrated haha.

I've lost 4.5 stone before.
When I plateaud I would hve two refeed days
Where I eat more.
Not huge amount more
But maintaining calories rather than losing weight calories.
Readjusted my metabolism to lose again. Xx

Ps I've put it all back on
Now hve 5 stone to lose
But that's from greed and low thyroid

I'm waiting to try for third child.
Not sure how long yet.
Oh isn't ready
I need to lose weight
And I want to try get my kids walking
My nearly 4 year old boy has cp and can't walk yet.
But can take few assured steps
Hoping to get him to a point I hve to lift him less.
Also need to do extension to house for him
Do probably waiting over a year I'd say.

How fast do ye plan on losing weight?
I could do it fast ish befpre.
But I'm struggling cos I'm bf.
If I eat a lot less my milk suffers.
Any one any pointers on losing while bf
Thanks xx

Wish I could help regarding bf.. All I can suggest is taking additional supplements that increase milk while trying to lose the weight, well I can lose it fast for a few weeks, but then kind of stagnates so figured would balance it and try to lose at least 25kgs by the end of the year (35 weeks) so thats 1.57lbs a week, definitely doable, if I can stick to it :D
Would love to lose 35 kgs though!

Thanks hon.
I'm half afraid to take anything
She is doing so well and growing mad
And hypothyroidism can affect milk supply
So I'm really loathe to mess with that.
It's being used as a convenient excuse too.
But honestly I don't want to mess up bf.
It didn't work out with my son
And im.grateful it's working this time

I think I'll just try eat as healthy as I can
Good weather now
I'll hve more walks.
I should naturally start to slowly lose then.
Thanks. Xx

Best of luck with yours too.
It's hard until u set your mind to it and get into good habits again xx
That is def doable goal
Xx

Yeah sounds like a good healthy way to do it, good luck with everything :)
Thanks, will just do my best to try for now, all we can do really :)

Hi.
I'm in a similar situation.
I have a 16 month old son and DH and I have decided we want another one but I also want to improve my health.
I'm also vegan but I love my junk food. I want to lose about 2.5 stone.
We are thinking about starting to Ttc in September.
Hopefully we'll end up bump buddies :)

Ideally, I have 90 + pounds to loose, but I would settle for 50 before we TTC #3. I'm starting a protein shake diet to jump start my weight loss. My work schedule is pretty intense, but I do plan to try to incorporate more cardio into my routine. Shooting for <1200 calories per day for a while.

Hi all (new in the forum)! I agree that it's really helpful having a strong core in terms of recovery, and of course be healthy and fit in general... Pilates power!

Hi I don't know why it never showed up this thread got responses! So sorry I'm late back! I am up weight :( I am a bad snacker so that doesn't help. Need to find healthier snacks to keep me on track.
At least now I can't snack on nuts, just found out my ds is highly allergic to peanuts, but also allergic to all other nuts :( as well as dairy, sesame and egg so at least no high calorie nuts lying around anymore since we had to clear the house out.
How's everyone else doing? :)

Hi.
I'm in a similar situation.
I have a 16 month old son and DH and I have decided we want another one but I also want to improve my health.
I'm also vegan but I love my junk food. I want to lose about 2.5 stone.
We are thinking about starting to Ttc in September.
Hopefully we'll end up bump buddies :)

Oh well hello fellow vegan lol you sound very similar to myself, 2.5 stone is my target too (but I'll be happy with 1). I think my main aim is to try not gain so much on this pregnancy, I gained 3.5 on my ds and was already over weight.
Any healthy vegan snack recommendations? :)

Hi. Can I join??? My dd is 18 months old and I'm ttc 2 I guess now but I want to try loosing 20 pounds before I go ttc crazy. Before baby it took me about 2 years to loose 20 pounds then while pregnant I gained 50 all after my first trimester. I lost about 20 pounds between dds birth and 6 weeks later and about 5 this last year but now I'm just holding steady. It doesn't help that I like junk food and while I go to the gym I don't have the same luxuries I did before dd. I am also still bf so I use that as an excuse. I think I saw a question about that on here. You might try mothers milk tea. It's supposed to help milk production but it's spendy and though I've tried it I wouldn't be bummed if I couldn't bf anymore. Teeth on nipples hurt.... I'm in my tww now just starting on folic acid and tracking my cycles. I'm not gonna do anything else for a while but if I'm not preggers by the end of the summer I probably will do more. Good luck all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->