Getting in the BBT habit - unexpected rise!?

Bethany0016

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm in the WTT boat for just one more week! Yay!

However...I started getting in the habit of temping and charting at the start of my last period on FF. I figured that since I'm on nuvaring, it would show that I just didn't ovulate. However, the last few days I've had a rise in temp and now FF says I ovulated two days ago. That can't be right...right? I've googled like a mad-woman and I can't find anything other than "that shouldn't happen." Any ideas?:confused::confused::confused:

Nuvaring is a combined hormonal contraceptive, so in theory you shouldn't be ovulating (some hormonal contraceptives you do ovulate on, but they work in other ways to prevent pregnancy). But nuvaring *should* be preventing ovulation. That doesn't mean it works 100% though, or you could just have a weird aberration in temps that makes it look like you ovulated even when you didn't (obviously FF isn't meant to be used when on contraceptives, so it's going to be searching for a pattern and if it finds one, it will tell you, even if the pattern doesn't mean anything, as in, you didn't ovulate). Do you have a link to your chart? That said, personally, I wouldn't chart while you have the ring in or are on any other hormonal contraception. It's annoying to chart anyway, so I would avoid it as long as you can personally. But also in the future, when you do want to TTC, it will use that data in predicting your cycles, even though it's basically junk data, and that might screw up its predictions for the first few months until you establish a pattern on your natural cycle.

It won't let me add the chart because I haven't posted enough. But as soon as I get there, I will!

With what you said, though, now I'm worried it's going to throw my charts of when I start trying in August. I take this ring out on the 27th and then I "graduate" to officially TTC! I hope FF let's me delete the July data to start fresh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->