getting LO to sleep...

Panda_Ally

Reaction score
i think i might have messed up hollys routine!!

I've started doing holly's night time feeds lying down in bed rather than in the chair in the nursery, this means i can nap while shes feeding. I feel better in the day for it because it means my sleep is less disrupted. when shes finished feeding she falls asleep and i take her back to bed.
But since then everytime we get her to go to sleep in the evening in her cot she screams and cries when u put her down.Took about 3 hours tonight! u have to hold her for ages until shes in a deep sleep then gentle put her down, she cries for a bit but then settles herself. She seems really needy all of a sudden and like she needs to be held. Is this cos i have let her sleep in the bed with me for a little while and this is now where she always wants to be?? Should i go back to feeding her in her own room?
Just wondering how easy it is to get ur LO's to sleep? Does it get more difficult as they get older?
:hug:

Hmmm, I don't know. It could also be growing pains and she just feels more secure with you at the moment.

We didn't have too many problems with our LO as she's always slept in her bed pretty well.

That being said, she's now over 6 months and I think her gums are bothering her as she wakes in the middle of the night a lot for a couple of minutes (long enough to wake me to dash into her room) and then falls back asleep.

But going to bed, we feed her normally downstairs or in a chair and then burp her and then put her in her crib with a dummy and she falls off pretty easy. I also breast fed until she was over 4 months and it was a similar routine though in the first couple of months there were a couple of night feeds as is usual.

Maybe someone else can give better advice!!!

I would go back to feeding in the chair as it was a little routine you had going. I normally take my LO upstairs after his bath change him and feed him and he goes down great but if I change it he is a bit unsettled during the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->