Getting lo's "firsts" ?

Discussion in 'Santa's Grotto' started by twinklestar25, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twinklestar25

twinklestar25 Well-Known Member

Hi just wonderd what your opinions were on gettin lo there first of something for eg their first proper bike etc I've just mentioned to oh that I want us to be the ones to get lo his first proper bike when the time comes- and not his mum who buys him those kinds of things and without asking us first. She got a push along bike Thingy last yr and then a crazy coop for his bd an a electric car this Christmas, it's all brill an saves us the money buying them I'm
    Pleased to revcive these but I just feel that I want and shud be the one to get his first bike, does anyone else feel
    Like that, is it ungrateful? I can just see her trying to get him one I just feel like it would be stealing my thunder or something and it's special isn't it his first bike along with other firsts too.

Anuway I just told my oh an he pulled a face but said ok he knows what I mean but dint think he really does.

It dosnt seem to bad at the mo as he's too young to understand but when he is old enough I don't want her out doing me! Is that stupid!? I dont know what will happen RE Santa and what presents come from where etc yet if hel believe all
    Prezzies come from
    Santa or just the ones under tree etc then nanny comes with big expensive cool toy an outshines all the other gifts! That's our place isn't it?

2. NuKe

NuKe mummy to 2 gorgeous girls

no i agree. first bike should be from you! u need to have a word. your presents (or santa's) should take centre stage. we've told grandparents no more than 3 pressies each. and no more than 60 quid in total.

3. Torz

Torz Mummy to 2 DS & pregnant

No i totally agree, the big stuff like that should be from you & OH.

4. ~RedLily~

~RedLily~ Well-Known Member

I agree as well

5. twinklestar25

twinklestar25 Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies, don't no how I'll approach that one! Might leave it for this yr now as she's already got it and I'm not top fussed while he knows no different. She's already taken a dislike to me since I didn't ask her round directly to come ad help prepare lo's first birthday party food, we had discussed it and she said shed help I herd nothing after that, oh said thinks she wants help, so I txt her asking if she wa
    Ted to make or prepare something, she said she was busy then hardley
    Spoke to me at the party left lo's prezzie I
    It's box not wrapped up didnt give it him
    Just left it in the garden! Stayed a bit then didnt say bye! aprantly found out later she felt
    Left out and I should have asked her round directly to help out as she had booked the day off work to help, well why did t she just say that!? A d say when I asked her that shed come round to help!? Grrrrr
    Anyway I'd never had a prob with her till then and since then it's not been the same, a shame really, why does she have to be so petty and childish!

Sorry for all the typos I'm on my phone!

6. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

I don't care tbh. My OH parents got her her first trike, my mum is getting her her first dolls house. She doesn't know the difference!

7. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

:wacko: she sounds very immature!

8. nicki01

nicki01 Well-Known Member

Dont get me started on this!!! lol.

Charlie is only 11 months old and already im peed off!

For Crimbo last year my sis in law got her, her first dolly! She was a week old ffs! This year she tells OH, oh i bought charlie her first pushchair for christmas for her first dolly i bought her!

I know its stupid as she is soo young and hasnt a clue but she doesnt even need these sorts of things yet but when she does I wanted to get them!

We had rubbish b.days and crimbos when me and my sisters when we where young so for me its the little things that are big (if that makes sense)

She doesnt ask she just gets and it really irritates me! I know i should be greatfull but i just cant!

9. kirsty1987

kirsty1987 Well-Known Member

Im with you on this one, I posted about my MIL a few weeks ago, shes brought millie everything even throughout my pregnancy she got everything, then the other day we were there and she tells us shes got millie a smart trike which was going to be her 1st bday present from mummy and daddy, what did she do when OH said thats what we were gunna get her for her bday look at him as if to say you should have brought it sooner then ggggggrrrrr she didnt even say im thinking of getting it for her. Im waiting for an opportunity to tell her not to do a santa stocking...... that wont go down well! the £60 and 3 presents idea is a good one wish i had seen that sooner! xxx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.