Getting married whilst pregnant?

Angel2Fire

Reaction score
Me and my bf were planning to get married next summer (hadn't set a date but just wanted a really small thing!) But now I'm pregnant we've decided to bring it forward and I've decided I want a lot more than orginially planned!! (I've got to phone my dad tonight to see how much he's willing "contribute" towards it! lol)

Anyway I was wondering, has anyone here got married whilst pregnant? And if so what did you do about your dress? We're aiming for possibly February, and I'll be about 6 months by then! When's the best time to choose a dress?

I'm going to try and get it arranged for afternoon incase I still have morning sickness and we'll stay at the hotel that night but won't be having a honeymoon. Has anyone got any tips for making the day more comfortable? I won't be having a huge dress as I'm aware of how heavy they can be and due to having M.E (which causes fatigue and muscle problems) I use a wheelchair, so I need something I can sit in comfortably and that wont catch on the floor or wheels. I think I'm actually most excited about decortaing m wheelchair lol! The're such ugly things!!!

We haven't set a date or chosen a venue yet but I've got one in mind and am going to check it out in the next few days :)

Anyway, any tips would be most appreciated :)

Both my sister and sister in law got married while pregnant. My SIL wore an ivory skirt suit that was maternity and my sister wore a Monsoon empire line dress. Both looked fab! There are lots of maternity dresses if you want a big do with a proper dress.

haha thats what im about to do! set the date today will be 38weeks :D

i got married last year while i was 20wks pregnant the dress i ad paid for didnt fit me so i went t marks and spencers about the week befor to get another dress they do lovley dresses at great prices aswell :happydance:
hope this helps
enjoy ur wedding x

Awe, congrats to both of you, i dident get married while pg but wanted to wish you both the best of luck xxx

Thanks everyone :)

I am going to look at dresses tomorrow, I have been on monsoon, debenhams and M&S websites and it looks promising :)

I've definetly chosen the venue now, and my dad's okay with the price we've working out so far :)

I LOVE some of the dresses I've seen, the most costing £150! I don't really like traditional dresses and as I'm in a wheelchair it would be a bit impractical.

I'm soooooo excited. We were planning to get married anyway but have had to bring it forward cus of the baby :D (My dad is really old-fashioned about things like that!)

Anyway, thanks everyone and no doubt I'll be asking loads more questions! lol

I'm getting married on November 1st and should be 9 weeks along at that time.
I get an early scan done on Friday to solidify the dating.
I am really hoping I still fit in my dress!! I tried it on for the first time just a week ago.

I'm getting married on November 1st and should be 9 weeks along at that time.
I get an early scan done on Friday to solidify the dating.
I am really hoping I still fit in my dress!! I tried it on for the first time just a week ago.

:rofl::rofl: you have nothing to worry about hun ill be 38weeks and hoping not to go into labour! im sure youll fit into your dress
xxx

Doubt this will help much but here goes....

I got married at 25wks....just the day after getting out of hospital and having my labour stopped the week previous:blush:

Mine was a registry office job. I wore a lovely duck egg blue dress from Monsoon with a lovely organza wrap and a pretty tiara. No bridesmaids just a maid of honour and a best man. A quiet meal in a restaurant afterwards with family and friends, no disco and a honeymoon in erm....my Nanna's caravan near Blackpool:rofl:coz I wasn't supposed to go too far from my hospital because of my prem-labour the week earlier (I was right near a hospital in blackpool and only an hours drive from my own hospital).

We had a lovely wedding day, hardly and stress and Blackpool was erm....Blackpool but the weather was nice and it was good to get away as I'd been cooped up in hospital for a week.

Good luck babe:hugs:

We are getting married on Valentines day next year... i will be about about 31 weeks :) hehehehe exciting. We are only having a very very small do... only parents and brothers and sisters only so yeah.... that should be fun!
I have already got my dress and i love it....
it is a maternity dress but looks amazing!
https://www.fillyboo.com.au/p/366266/maternity-wedding-dress---carrie-in-ivory.html
that is it there....
hope you like???
Hope you find the dress that you want :)

There are some gorgeous maternity wedding dresses out there hun, really lovely ones. Try searching some website for ideas xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->