Getting pregnant after early miscarriage

laughingduck

Mother of one daughter
Reaction score
I think am miscarrying at 6 weeks right now. I have had cramping and heavy bleeding since yesterday. I got a scan this afternoon but the technician refused to say anything and have to wait until Monday to confirm it was a miscarriage, but I am 99% certain in my heart it is, something has felt off from the beginning... Anyway, I would like to try again right away, and am wondering how long I should expect to take to be fertile again? I know google says 4-6 weeks to have HCG go down to 0, but I am wondering if it will be quicker because I am fairly early on. I am also wondering if I can count the miscarriage as my period, or will I get another period later on before I can ovulate again? Just wondering how it all works and hoping someone on here can share their own experiences.

Some ovulate sooner than others. I've read stories about ladies who ovulated 12 days after their miscarriage. It partially depends on how long it takes the HCG to get out of your system. Some doctors will test you until it's gone. They say to wait at least one cycle before trying again but that's mainly for dating purposes

Hi laughingduck. If you are going through a m/c, I am sorry to hear. I had a m/c on 4th May this year. Strong cramps & heavy bleeding (both worse than af). My HCG levels were below 5 a week after the bleeding & cramps started. My GP told me to count the m/c as my period and my cycle should also return to normal. In my case she was right as I ovulated 10 days after my first day of bleeding (my cycle is 22 days). My next period came right on schedule as well.

Thanks. I took a hpt this morning and the line is still there but getting fainter. I hope it goes back to 0 soon so I can try again. Pippylu did you have to wait a cycle before trying again? I've read sometimes the doctor will recommend waiting, but other times they will say go ahead when you're emotionally ready. I'd like to try right away.

I decided to wait a cycle. My U/S showed the lining of my uterus to be thinner than normal (4mm!) which could make implantation difficult so soon after, especially with my cycle being so short, my uterus has less time to recover before I ovulate again. I normally ovulate around CD8 - CD10. My Dr suggested waiting and I agreed. If I had a thicker lining and a longer cycle I probably wouldn't have waited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->