Getting pregnant right after a MC or MMC...

NicoleN

Pregnant with our Rainbow
Reaction score
To the ladies who had a MC or MMC... And got pregnant successfully before their first official AF...

When did you realize you were pregnant again (how many DPO)?
What symptoms did you have?
Did you know when you ovulated?

Thanks ladies... Been three weeks since mine, my body and hormones were completely back to normal within 10 days... believe I may have ovulated right around then (once the hcg went to zero)... And not sure but I've been feeling 'off'.... fingers crossed. :wacko:

Hi Nicole, firstly I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

I can't answer any of your questions but I too am three weeks since my MMC and would be interested in any other ladies experiences with getting pregnant again before their first AF.

xxx

I'm on cd36 after my mc and I think I may have ovulated on the 16th or 17th. I have been feeling some pre-AF type cramping on & off since Monday but still no AF. Negative HPTs yesterday & today and I don't feel pregnant like I did before. I just wish AF would hurry up and come, if that's what's gonna happen. I had no idea all of this would be so stressful.

Anyone else? Thanks for your input Kellig! And hope we both get our BFP's soon Louby!

:hugs:

Period is supposed to come next week, and I have a Doctor's appt anyhow...
Thinking I might test within the next five days. You never know!!!

My boobs get sharp pains and the sides hurt, still getting a few twinges, super tired and my abdomen has returned to being hard/pregnancy firm like my first... Just don't want this to be all in my head! :cry:

Oh Nicole I really do hope you get your bfp.
I find myself symptom spotting constantly even though I know I'm not pregnant!! I had bloods done on Wednesday as I had got a faint bfp on Monday but that was just left over hormone. My levels were 3.8 on Wednesday (apparently this is normal) and my opks have been getting darker so I'm hoping to ovulate soon and catch the egg.

I remember after my first mc in 2011 I kept thinking I was pregnant again before af but that wasn't to be the case even though I was convinced. However we did get the egg our very first cycle after and DS number 2 arrived in 2012 after h&h 9months.

It's terrible any of us find ourselves in this situation. And it's like we almost can't help but drive ourselves mad. My husband keeps telling me to try not to let it play on my mind but it's impossible. It's ALWAYS on my mind.

Xx

Oh Nicole I really do hope you get your bfp.
I find myself symptom spotting constantly even though I know I'm not pregnant!! I had bloods done on Wednesday as I had got a faint bfp on Monday but that was just left over hormone. My levels were 3.8 on Wednesday (apparently this is normal) and my opks have been getting darker so I'm hoping to ovulate soon and catch the egg.

I remember after my first mc in 2011 I kept thinking I was pregnant again before af but that wasn't to be the case even though I was convinced. However we did get the egg our very first cycle after and DS number 2 arrived in 2012 after h&h 9months.

It's terrible any of us find ourselves in this situation. And it's like we almost can't help but drive ourselves mad. My husband keeps telling me to try not to let it play on my mind but it's impossible. It's ALWAYS on my mind.

Xx

Took a test this morning, thought it would relieve my anxiety! But it was a :bfn: so I'm having such mixed feeling now!!!
Tummy is still hard like when I was pregnant, headaches, emotional, tingly boobs and light twinges... I don't want my hopes up. So I'm telling myself this cycle is out, can only hope for the next month or two ):
It's soooo difficult! It can never NOT be on my mind! :cry:

I got my bfp less than a month after my last mc. There were some touch and go moments trying to date the baby but it looks like I ov'd about 10 days after mc or there abouts.

I'm now 31 weeks with my little boy.

It can happen!!!

Good luck

We're hoping to get pregnant again as soon as possible; we lost our little one a week ago. I was 14 weeks along, but dating of the MMC showed that she stopped growing at 11 weeks. I had a D and C, and my doctor told me to wait six weeks before we started trying again.

I don't know when I'm allowed to start dtd again? The nurse told me not until it was cleared with my doctor, but I don't have an appointment with her for another week. We're not charting or anything, and we're not "trying" again, but honestly, I miss sex with my mister. We didn't for the majority of the first trimester because I had terrible MS. I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones leaving or what, but I've been feeling up for it lately, and if we happened to end up with a new little one growing in there, i certainly wouldn't be opposed to the situation.

This is just all new to me - it was my first pregnancy and my first loss. I can't figure out how to process it. Right now, I'm doing just fine, but I was bawling on the couch a few hours ago. It's just...it's just terrible really.

We're hoping to get pregnant again as soon as possible; we lost our little one a week ago. I was 14 weeks along, but dating of the MMC showed that she stopped growing at 11 weeks. I had a D and C, and my doctor told me to wait six weeks before we started trying again.

I don't know when I'm allowed to start dtd again? The nurse told me not until it was cleared with my doctor, but I don't have an appointment with her for another week. We're not charting or anything, and we're not "trying" again, but honestly, I miss sex with my mister. We didn't for the majority of the first trimester because I had terrible MS. I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones leaving or what, but I've been feeling up for it lately, and if we happened to end up with a new little one growing in there, i certainly wouldn't be opposed to the situation.

This is just all new to me - it was my first pregnancy and my first loss. I can't figure out how to process it. Right now, I'm doing just fine, but I was bawling on the couch a few hours ago. It's just...it's just terrible really.

Sorry for your loss Molly, such a shitty thing!!! I lost my first babe too at 3 months, so difficult.
After a D&C you should follow your Dr's advice for sure.. Wouldn't want to end up with an infection that would prolong the wait any longer right?!
As well as not TTC for the first cycle after a D&C since it completely scraped your uterus clean, there wouldn't be any place for a LO to implant in quite yet.
Me and my mister didn't DTD much when I was pregnant either due to all-day sickness for the majority of the 3 months.... Once my hormones zeroed out I felt a bit more up to it...
Just keep the faith, your rainbow will be waiting for you, the wait may be a few months or year but it'll be worth it!!! Keep us posted with your journey! :hugs:

Anyone else have any input or success stories to share!?

I had a MC last year and waited one AF then goft Preg straight away, My son is 1 now

Good to hear the positive stories...

Been four weeks since mine and I believed I O early...
Noticed that my uterus has popped back out a tiny bit, I can feel it and see it... After the MMC it went away visibly within the day, and stayed away for the past three weeks... Last few days I can't even suck it in... Can't tell if it'll be a horrible PMS and AF... or :bfp: soon?? :wacko:

Been four weeks for me too now Nicole. I really thought I was doing ok but now I'm just driving myself mad. I can't really describe it but I almost try and pretend everything is ok but deep down I just want to rant and have a bloody good break down :(

So good you can check your uterus, I have no idea what I'm feeling for?!?! I don't know for sure if I've ovulated or not either and if I have I have no idea how many dpo I'd be. The uncertainty is what drives us crazy I think.

Im obsessed with poas which can't be healthy either.

I've done two hpt today and they both looked like this....bad thing is I'm certain I can see a super faint line but I know this could all be I'm my head :( I really hope we all get our rainbow babies soon xxxx

Sorry for the rant ladies xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 35
Oh Louby!!! Such a stupid situation to be stuck in... My hubby had a doctors last night, and I asked to POAS there too since it was free... :bfn: of course.. I didn't want to break down in front of the doctor so I just left! I guess I'd only be around 9/10 dpo last night IF I actually did O... I'm so confused and have no idea either. My doctor showed my how to find my uterus when I was in the hospital... Got to feel it before the baby passed, and then after and I could tell the difference for sure!

I really hope we get :bfp: this week or next... the wait is killing me. :hugs:
Keep me updated!!! Apparently we are in this together now!

joining and stalking! Trying to get a BFP after an early MC last month

Good idea to ask the doctor Nicole....like you say its a free test. Sorry it was a bfn though :nope: I'm holding out hope for the both of us.

Welcome Cutie, I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you get your BFP soon too :hugs:

I ended up having a total melt down to my husband last night :sad2: I think he was a little surprised at what I had to say but I explained exactly how I was feeling and he was so great. He reassured me that it IS still ok to cry and just because its been four weeks I don't have to feel like I cant get sad and cry about our loss. Or try and pretend everything is ok.

I have found this loss much harder to accept than our first loss in 2011 but I'm not sure why. I suppose after everything I was told in the hospital last time I didn't expect it to happen again.....naive I know.

I'm going to do another test tomorrow and see what that brings but I'm sure I'm just torturing myself :cry:

Out of curiosity can anyone else see what I see on the test I posted last night? Or do I have a bad case of line eye?

xxxx

Good idea to ask the doctor Nicole....like you say its a free test. Sorry it was a bfn though :nope: I'm holding out hope for the both of us.

Welcome Cutie, I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you get your BFP soon too :hugs:

I ended up having a total melt down to my husband last night :sad2: I think he was a little surprised at what I had to say but I explained exactly how I was feeling and he was so great. He reassured me that it IS still ok to cry and just because its been four weeks I don't have to feel like I cant get sad and cry about our loss. Or try and pretend everything is ok.

I have found this loss much harder to accept than our first loss in 2011 but I'm not sure why. I suppose after everything I was told in the hospital last time I didn't expect it to happen again.....naive I know.

I'm going to do another test tomorrow and see what that brings but I'm sure I'm just torturing myself :cry:

Out of curiosity can anyone else see what I see on the test I posted last night? Or do I have a bad case of line eye?

xxxx

sorry to read you're feeling so bad. I have a bad habit of not telling my husband how I truly feel about all of this and then exploding. sometimes it's just best to let it out! I can't see anything on the test yet, but I'm also horrible at these. i've found that countdowntopregnancy is a great place to post tests. The ladies on there are great and love to check tests. They were spot on with my very faint BFP last month.

Your right Cutie, I do feel better for letting everything out.

I have just had a look on that site looks interesting. I'm sure there is nothing there to see though I probably have terrible line eye :(

xx

Took another test today and bang :bfn::bfn: :(

How you getting on Nicole?

Took another test today and bang :bfn::bfn: :(

How you getting on Nicole?

Aw I'm sorry... 4 weeks feels like eternity.
I'm holding off until tomorrow... Period should be due tomorrow and I have a Doctors, so I'll test before work, likely :bfn: though.
Think I'm just going thru an odd PMS... I get emotional at the oddest things, like when I was pregnant, my boobs are very sore just every now and then, a cramp here and there but not many... But quite bloated and tired!!! Mild headaches...
I don't want to even imagine getting :bfp: because I don't want another meltdown tomorrow when it comes back negative...:nope:

Louby did you test today??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->