Getting pregnant through "pull out" method

I've been doing the pull out method with my boyfriend since we first started having sex with the exception of a few times when we used condoms but I haven't gotten pregnant yet. *shrugs*

If you're really worried about getting pregnant or know you're not ready for it I would say get on the pill or use condoms or both.

I did the same as Eyes On Fire for a while too, but i realised it would be so much easier and safer to just go and get an appointment at the doctors to get the pill. x

The Pull out method doesn't work as a guy's semen does come out way before he orgasms (pre-come) so effectively you've just been having sex with no contraception - which is asking to get pregnant.

So it depends on fate and how furtile you are.

I'm pleased you got the result you wanted hon.

Changing the subject slightly... I'm curious why people would rely on pulling out to avoid pregnancy??

The word 'method' doesn't make sense - I don't understand what it's supposed to be a method for??

I'm pleased you got the result you wanted hon.

Changing the subject slightly... I'm curious why people would rely on pulling out to avoid pregnancy??

The word 'method' doesn't make sense - I don't understand what it's supposed to be a method for??

im not too sure why people wud rely on pulling out i guess it jus seems the chances of getting pregnant from doing it that way to actually cming inside seems less! but tbh ive been very broody (and stupid!) for a while since me and OH have been together and therefore didnt seem to be acting botherd if i became pregnant or not. thankfully the pregnancy scare gave me the wake up call i needed and i am now 100% that i dont want to risk getting pregnant till i am in the right situation to have a baby (and at least 5 years older!) having the scare made me think about it for days and i realised how stupid i was to think i actually wanted a baby at this age and that i could afford one etc.
as for it being called the pull out "method" i have no idea!- i just rememeber reading it somewhere before.

Blondeone...

I remember that broodiness. It's scary to think of it now. Just how much it could influence reeeeeeeeeeally bad decisions. We all live and learn I guess :)

Infatuation with men is so crippling at certain times of your life ;D

I hope I don't sound judgmental... I'm more thinking back to my own experiences and just seeing it all through the scary eyes of hindsight ;)

I guess the next thing will be that bubs is a girl, and I have to watch her go through it all over again ;D

xx

I don't know why people would use the pull-out method, because it just seems lazy and stupid to me. I don't mean to be judgmental about those of you who regularly use this "method," but if you aren't looking to get pregnant, it's a really stupid "method" to use. Maybe many people use it because they're sort of in denial about the high chances of becoming pregnant this way. Others often say they don't like to use a condom (but then why not get on the pill?). I understand using it every once and a while when you sort of get caught up in the moment and don't have any other form of bc at the time.

For me I use the pull out method (not sure why it's called method either) because I'm not actively trying to get pregnant but I'm not trying to prevent it from happening either. We both want kids and we're financially able to handle one but we want to do the whole marriage thing first then kids. That's really the only reason I don't use protection because I know regardless we'd be able to care for the child. However, I think it's really silly for people to use this "method" when they don't want a child nor do they have the ability to care for a child. Just my opinion on the pull out method and an explanation why I use it.

Surely its a case of you are trying or you are preventing, theres no in between?? Marian i'm with you, I dont get it!

I think there can be religious/moral implications too.
And although it doesn't make perfect sense to me, I respect we're not all the same (as I'm sure all posters do)

I guess the reason I highlighted "method" is because it seems a more common term in the states (correct me if I'm wrong here) and I'm slightly nervous it's being sold as a 'prevention' or 'method' to younger people who think it must be enough of a measure just because it's widely recognised.

"Method" is just the term used for it, but it isn't actually being promoted as a viable form of prevention in the US. It's discouraged as a form of birth control/protection. It's just the terminology. I think many people do see it as a method of preventing pregnancy though. Why else would they pull out? So it is a method for something, although it isn't necessarily a great one. The word "method" doesn't have to mean something works! It's just like there are many methods of doing things, but some work better than others. Pulling out can be an effective method, but isn't one I'd condone or trust.

If a person doesn't want to risk pregnancy then I don't understand why they use this pull out technique. Surely taking the pill is more effective/less risky?

after reading the replies..
im now very worried
my period is late..
over two weeks late..
and my menstrual cycle is normally very consistent.
looks like theres a trip to the doctors on the way for me..
:dohh:

i used the pull out method for a year and a half, never got caught thank god! x

Condoms are readily available in chemists so naivety is no excuse, really, in some sense. If a person is emotionally mature enough to have sex they should be mature enough to take precautions. You're taught at a very young age that condoms stop pregnancy. You can get condoms in public toilets, after all. It's either wear a "Rubber Jonny" or end up risking an unwanted pregnancy. How many times did I hear my younger brother tell me 'pulled out' because he hated the feel of condoms? How many times did I want to deck him for that, especially since his girlfriend at Age Sixteen already had one abortion because he was 'pulling out'.

He learned. Eventually. But it wasn't without cost.

The pull out method is not a method. What can be used, although its bot even close to fool proof, is the Rhythm method, where your ovulation is tracked, you don't do the deed the week you are ovulating, and you pull out the rest of the time.
And really, the only people who should be using that "method of birth control" are people who are prepared to deal with the consequences of pregnancy.
its just unprotected sex, otherwise. It might work for awhile, but thats just luck.

As long as a male parts are in arosal and close to your lady parts you can get pregnant, he doesnt even have to be inside you and using the pull out method. If he is anywhere near he can get you pg. Hope this helps!!

CurleySue I really agree with you there.

We have used pulling out for what? 8 ish years and never got pregnant - the 2 times we actively tried to get pregnant we did!

You could say the method works for us, but now I would be scared to rely on it knowing how easy I get pregnant!!

Why wont I go on the pill? I dont want to fill my body with hormones.
Why not use condoms? Neither of us like them and they make me a bit sore.

Bit unsure now what to go for...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->