Getting progesterone checked 8/9 days after ovulation, is this ok?

Layla_b1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been given some really useful advice from ladies on these boards before so hoping someone can help with this too please. After many months without confirming O through temps (despite getting peaks on CBFM and positive opks), we're moving forward with Clomid next cycle. However I need to get my progesterone checked this week just to confirm lack of O. The problem is, I got my peaks on Wed 4th and Thurs 5th, so not entirely sure when exactly to count as my "O" date. I have a conference all day on Thursday 12th which I can't get out of, so will be going for blood test early morning on Friday 13th instead. Depending on "O" date this could be either 8 or 9 days past and therefore closer to my period (I've a pretty short luteal phase anyway). Is it ok to have it done at that stage or will the result be flawed? Thanks so much! (It's so annoying-in December I couldn't get checked as was spending Christmas with the in laws, then in January was in the middle of the Caribbean so couldn't get bloods done then either! Really needed it this time around!)

Should be 7 days after ovulation. But I don't think 8/9 will be that big of a deal bc your doc should be able to adjust them

Thank you for your help! Much appreciated, hopefully all is ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->