getting quite worried now

MrsBandEgglet

Mummy to 3, expecting #4
Reaction score
my DS has whacked his head against something three times in the last two days and i'm not joking he looks a bloody mess :cry: he has three big bruises and scrapes on his forehead and a massive bruise on his cheek after running, falling and smacking his head into the door frame. i don't want to take him out right now because i'm so ashamed of what people might think :blush: he's perfectly fine but he's got some pretty horrendous bruises. he's so boistrous and ne just has no sense of danger. i don't think his poor little forehead can take much more :nope:

I mean this in the nicest possible way - but has he a slightly larger then average head ? I only ask because my sons head growth was classed on the higher end of the scale and the HV told me to be prepared for lots of bumps and bruises - I think its something to do with balance and co-ordination.

didnt want to r&r - big :hugs: to LO, im sure people wont think anything bad, boys will be boys ay xxxx

Toddlers are always covered in bruises. I wouldnt worry hun, I'd never look at a toddler and think 'omg what are the parents doing :growlmad:'.

My son is the same, he's always banging his head on something, at the moment he has 2 bruises and a huge lump on his forehead and a big scratch on the end of his nose! Tina does make a very good point though as William does have a slightly larger than average head, you can tell when you put his tops on as it can really be a struggle sometimes to get them on and off. I don't worry what people think as I know how he got them. xxx

Sounds like our house! H was the same a couple of weeks back, I think like the other post said, it's to do with growth and their height. It seems that when H has a growth spurt he struggles with his balance and bangs his head loads after falling over. Is Arthur tall?

i'm worried i'm just been careless and not preventing him enough from doing these things but it's just so unexpected and it happens so quickly. it never occured to me today that he would go and plonk himself in violet's ring nest thingy, then mere seconds later spring up out of it and whack his head on the corner of the tv table, which is so low down it's at his waist level so we haven't put corner protector things on it. perhaps we should have done but he would ordinarily only catch himself on it if he was walking around with his head bowed lol.

Sounds like our house! H was the same a couple of weeks back, I think like the other post said, it's to do with growth and their height. It seems that when H has a growth spurt he struggles with his balance and bangs his head loads after falling over. Is Arthur tall?

yeah, he is quite tall actually. he's just below the 91st centile for height i think.

I'm the most paranoid about my toddler getting hurt of any mama you're likely to meet. Everyone who knows me whispers "overprotective." And yet .... even my toddler is covered in bruises! So they must all be. You can't stop every fall. Believe me -- I've tried! :flower:

However, you can use things to cover for cosmetic reasons if you like. Mine usually has scrapes all over her knees, so I sometimes put long pants on her if I want her to look nice. I once covered a head bump with a soft headband that had a flower attached. Harder to decorate boys, I know. But you might see whether a hat or a bandage or two would improve his looks when he's been falling.

Your not careless at all, its your lo that is care-free! Ihsan is always bumping his head too, at least once a day! :)

Your not careless toddlers are just like that. We use children's arnica cream on bruises helps th fade quicker x

Otter is tall for his age AND has a massive head (22 inches!). He's constantly falling and banging himself up. He's probably got a half dozen bruises, 2 scraped knees, 2 cat scratches on his arm, and other various bangs and scrapes... right now. :roll: DH jokes that he wants Otter to wear a perma-helmet. :haha: He falls so often that we've taught him to "brush it off" and so now he falls, we say that, and he gets up and brushes his knees with his hands. :rofl:

I can't even count the number of times he falls in a day... but if I had to guess, I would say an average of 20+. :dohh:

Ronan is constantly falling, tripping, banging himself and getting knocked around but I'm a big proponent of unless they're in mortal danger, leave them to it. He learns his limitations and how to navigate situations SO much faster if I don't help or interfere.

Yeah they are always whacking something! If my son dosn't hit his head at least once a day I am shocked! He has got to be the clumsiest little thing I ever did see!

Mog loks like a total mess - she has a forehead covered in bruises, and all over her legs and arms too from playing in the garden. I swear that child thumps her head at least once a day if not more, and it's impossible to stop them doing it.

Harvey always has bruises on his face,he had a black eye this week!I spoke to the HV because I was worried some horrid members of my family would try to use it to say I wasn't looking after him and she said she knows a 'normal' bruise and where they should be for a childs age..also she said people who do it on purpose do it where they won't be seen for example,backs of the knees places like that,thats why they usually weigh them in just a nappy.I wouldn't worry hun :hugs: xx

He is probably having a growth spurt i have noticed with all of mine they get incredibly clumsy when they have a growth spurt its like the brain hasn't caught up to their new size yet. I would be amazed if i saw a toddler with no bruise scrapes or scratches!

George goes through phases of banging his head, i used to worry about what people think but i think i'm over it now lol! Also as a previous poster said we now get him to 'Dust himself down' if he falls over because he does it what seems like a million times a day!! I think i'd rather he got a few bumps and bruises than stop him from doing the things he loves (like running around like a loon haha)

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->