• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Getting really scared about labour :(

Milliemoo x

Reaction score
Oh my goodness, its getting so close now and im starting to FREAK OUT a little!!! What if i cant do it :cry:

Bless! Millions of women manage it and there are loads of pain reflief options out there! I was scared first time round but it was surprisingly easy compared to what i thought! You'll do great! Take a few deep breaths and get some music together to distract/calm you! Xx

you just have to take it as it comes hun! its normal to feel like it

I feel the same hun. I lay in bed at night thinking "please not tonight, I'm not ready yet!" I kind of hope it starts during the day as I seem to feel a bit more together then. xx

Oh my goodness, its getting so close now and im starting to FREAK OUT a little!!! What if i cant do it :cry:

really, you will be fine and you will surprise yourself so much!!
its normal to be nervous, and rather than think of the labour, think of the result!

you will feel so proud of yourself afterwards, and you will fell like your the only one thats ever done it!

good luck, and im sure you will be just fine xx :flower:

I have started to have the odd freak out, even though I'm quite far behind you. Sometimes I just look around and think every single person I can see has been born, that makes me feel better :) x

I'm the same, have started to get very worried as I know I didn't cope well at all the first time but I was much younger then and feel a bit more positive that I will be stronger and calmer this time.. But I do get quite panicky knowing I HAVE to go through with this now!!! Lol. No turning back!! Am sure we will be fine and when it's over it will be an amazing feeling x

Hun 'cant' isnt an option it may seem scarey now but you will do it and you'll be so proud of yourself at the end when you see your new lo!! I hate how everything seems worse at night !!!:hugs:

its what were built to do! well be fine, staying calm and relaxed and letting our bodies do what they know to do instinctively will get us through and well have our babies in our arms!! =)

hi im 30 weeks and am now getting excited but as i get closer to due date then the panick will set in!:blue:

im the same hun its getting so close and i just dont know what to expect and i think that scares me more the unknown. But i try to think of it as i will have my fiance and mum there supporting me and i will get our little princess at the end of it. :) my waters teared the other day and i was calmer than what i thought i ever would be i still was a reck haha!! you will prob surprise yourself :D

awww thanks everyone! I dont feel like that all the time but every now and again i have a mini meltdown hahahahaha. Its so true that things seem ten times worse at night, i really hope it all kicks off first thing in the morning :) I have definately listened to wayyyy too many horror stories off friends and colleagues, its done me no good whatsoever. Im going to scout through B&B to find positive birth stories this afternoon :) Thank you for all the support during my freak out lol x

Sometimes I just look around and think every single person I can see has been born, that makes me feel better :) x

I used to think this when I was learning to drive and now I'm doing it about childbirth. I'm getting really scared too. I'm single and live on my own and get really freaked out during the night about what is to come. Its a horrible time tbh - I wish I could enjoy it a bit.

Just popping in for the first time since having my LO. :hi:

Believe me, there was no one more scared than me about giving birth. BUT in my honest opinion you are so focused on getting the baby out that you dont have time to get scared. I know thats easy for me to say now I have done it but I had quite a traumatic birth (well I think I did! lol!) and despite being scared the weeks before the birth, my body and mind just took over at the time and knew what to do.

:hugs: to you all, it will be fine :)

Sometimes I just look around and think every single person I can see has been born, that makes me feel better :) x

I used to think this when I was learning to drive and now I'm doing it about childbirth. I'm getting really scared too. I'm single and live on my own and get really freaked out during the night about what is to come. Its a horrible time tbh - I wish I could enjoy it a bit.

I am single too and live on my own as well (well parents are next door, but went mental at them last night as they went out and left their mobiles at home)

I wish I could enjoy it more as well :-(

Do you ever visit the single parents section on here??

I just keep thinking the same several points to calm me down when I start freaking out.

1. Theres no other options now, she has to come out so theres no point worrying about it! lol
2. Millions and millions of women have done it and been fine, including women in war zones, poverty, no hospitals, no drugs etc etc. If they can do it so can I!
3. If it was THAT terrible, no one would ever have more than one, yet there are plenty of women who have 4, 5, 10 babies! So surely it can't be as bad as all that..
4. My body is MADE to give birth. It will know exactly what to do because generations of giving birth runs in my veins. All I need to do conciously is keep calm.
5. If anything did go wrong there are professionals who do this every day who will take care of me and my baby, I just need to listen to them.

Usually by that point I have calmed down a bit =] I really hope it helped! You CAN do it, don't worry x

2. Millions and millions of women have done it and been fine, including women in war zones, poverty, no hospitals, no drugs etc etc. If they can do it so can I!

I have been thinking lately about how people got through pregnancy before there was medicine for heartburn, I'm such a wimp if I dont have a stockpile of gaviscon on my person! lol x

I have been thinking lately about how people got through pregnancy before there was medicine for heartburn, I'm such a wimp if I dont have a stockpile of gaviscon on my person! lol x

Me too, I have 2 bottles of it in my bedside cabinet :haha:
I sometimes feel so stupid and selfish for complaining about minor things when women like my nan gave birth at home during air raids with no meds or midwife! I can't imagine how hard it is for other women out there in horrible conditions yet they have healthy pregnancies, babies and labours. Just unbelievable to me when I am complaining about being tired from walking round tescos lol

I'm getting really nervous too. I was watching 16 and pregnant on MTV and watching this teenager deliver this baby, and I started to cry. I know it has to be done but I am so scared of the pain and not knowing what to do. I'm taking lamaze classes next weekened so I'm hoping with all the information and help I get, it will put some of my nerves at eaze.

I am single too and live on my own as well (well parents are next door, but went mental at them last night as they went out and left their mobiles at home)

Do you ever visit the single parents section on here??

Thats funny, I built a house behind my parents too so my family are around. Haven't seen the single parents section - will have a look now. Thanks for the heads up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"