Getting rid of fertility meds in Massachusetts

koj518

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is anyone here located in Massachusetts (specifically in the Boston area) and know of any medication donation center?

I want to donate my fertility meds but am struggling to find a donation center.. I'd love for them to go to a good home so someone can use them. My clinic does not take donation meds, just disposal. I'd hate for perfectly good meds to go to waste :(

Are you open to shipping them? What do you have?

I need Clomid or Femara ;)

Otherwise, Freegaragesale is where most people sell them online.

onErth - sorry! the meds I have are IVF meds!

koj, I don't think there is a good way to go about it unless you know someone. In the U.S. I'm pretty sure it is illegal since they are prescription, so it would be like trying to distribute prescribed antibiotics or pain meds. I wish there was an easy way to get them to someone who can use them, we spend so much in them and it'd be great to get them to someone who can use them!

I've thought of finding someone here and work with them off the site, but now that I got my RN license that would probably be on the line if I did that!

koj, I don't think there is a good way to go about it unless you know someone. In the U.S. I'm pretty sure it is illegal since they are prescription, so it would be like trying to distribute prescribed antibiotics or pain meds. I wish there was an easy way to get them to someone who can use them, we spend so much in them and it'd be great to get them to someone who can use them!

I've thought of finding someone here and work with them off the site, but now that I got my RN license that would probably be on the line if I did that!

Its not illegal. :)

I mean I'm not a lawyer so you have to do you...but if you bought the meds, they are yours to do what you want with. You're not selling heroin. You're not selling them to kids or on the streets.

You're selling them to women who can't otherwise get them.

If you get on freegaragesale, you'll see women like me, with no insurance, 100% out of pocket, high deductible, crappy re/dr, or just need to switch up.

I mean I'm not a lawyer so you have to do you...but if you bought the meds, they are yours to do what you want with.

Except every prescription medication you get tells you that it's illegal to give or sell you medication to others.

It is illegal to sell your fertility medication. It doesn't matter what it's for - ADHD medication can be necessary or it can be used to get high, prescription ibuprofen is nothing more than regular ibuprofen in a larger dose per pill - it's not legal to sell or even give away a prescription medication. Only over-the-counter medications can be given away (you aren't supposed to sell it unless you are a retailer or manufacturer. It's about keeping the supplies available to everyone. Otherwise the super-rich could buy literally every aspirin out there and resell it for double if they wanted to.)

Can you do it? Yes.

Do a lot of women do it? Sure do.

Should you do it? I don't have a moral problem with it, but it is definitely not legal to do it.

If you have your RN license, you must find a fertility clinic that will allow you to donate them. Most won't unless you were a patient because they can't be sure you haven't tampered with it.

I'm sorry, ladies. I know this wasn't the answer anyone wanted to hear.

I mean I'm not a lawyer so you have to do you...but if you bought the meds, they are yours to do what you want with.

Except every prescription medication you get tells you that it's illegal to give or sell you medication to others.

It is illegal to sell your fertility medication. It doesn't matter what it's for - ADHD medication can be necessary or it can be used to get high, prescription ibuprofen is nothing more than regular ibuprofen in a larger dose per pill - it's not legal to sell or even give away a prescription medication. Only over-the-counter medications can be given away (you aren't supposed to sell it unless you are a retailer or manufacturer. It's about keeping the supplies available to everyone. Otherwise the super-rich could buy literally every aspirin out there and resell it for double if they wanted to.)

Can you do it? Yes.

Do a lot of women do it? Sure do.

Should you do it? I don't have a moral problem with it, but it is definitely not legal to do it.

If you have your RN license, you must find a fertility clinic that will allow you to donate them. Most won't unless you were a patient because they can't be sure you haven't tampered with it.

I'm sorry, ladies. I know this wasn't the answer anyone wanted to hear.

Thanks for the info.... :shrug:

Thanks for all the info ladies!
I've decided to take the meds to my doctor's office and see what they recommend. They might just tell me that I have to dispose of them myself, but I'm hoping that they'll at least tell me how to properly dispose of them. :shrug: I'm assuming I can't just toss them in the trash??

Thanks for all the info ladies!
I've decided to take the meds to my doctor's office and see what they recommend. They might just tell me that I have to dispose of them myself, but I'm hoping that they'll at least tell me how to properly dispose of them. :shrug: I'm assuming I can't just toss them in the trash??

Most pharmacies have a medication disposal service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->