Getting scared

mrso

Lovin my Family
Reaction score
So I have been trying to plan everything out for the birth of our LO. It seems like ages away but I know that the time will go by faster then anticipated.

I have a son who will be 3 in about 2 months and by the time baby will be born my son will be 3 1/2. I suddenly got terrified about the transition. Will my son have problems? Will we as a family adapt to the new baby quickly? Will I be able to do this!!!!

Anybody else give me peace of mind when going from 1 kiddo to 2.

I can't advise on this as haven't quite got there myself yet. I have been a bit worried about this too, my daughter is 7, so 7 year of having me to herself and then another one, how will she cope, how will i cope eeeeek

Does your little one fully understand what is happening? I am sure at 7 mine is not totally aware, she knows im pregnant and talks about baby in my tummy, but never heard her say anything about it being born etc

No he does not understand. He knows that mommy is going to have a baby. We havent talked a lot about it becasue he hasnt learned how to filter what he says and we are holding off telling the family until week 13 or 14.

I just started freeking out. I also babysit my neice who is 2 weeks older then my son. I am not sure if I am going to keep her for the few weeks after birth or not. I have to have a c-section so I am weighing the odds.

My husband and I were talking about it tonight and he said that he will take off 6 weeks if he needs to. Luckly he is capable of doing so and has about 3 months of vacation stored up.

I am worried about grocery shopping, doctor visits, cleaning, laundry, OMG!!! I was pretty easy with 1 kiddo. I really want my son to adjust well.

I can't advise on this as haven't quite got there myself yet. I have been a bit worried about this too, my daughter is 7, so 7 year of having me to herself and then another one, how will she cope, how will i cope eeeeek

Does your little one fully understand what is happening? I am sure at 7 mine is not totally aware, she knows im pregnant and talks about baby in my tummy, but never heard her say anything about it being born etc

how far along are you. I bet being 7 she will understand but have some transition time after the birth.

Im 12weeks and she has known since i did because she saw the pregnancy test and wouldnt stop asking, she is obviously not daft lol.

I think little ones are exremely good at ajusting to new situations, probably a lot better than us adult actually. I can imagine it being a bigger worry with a three year old, at least i can send mine to school throughout the day and attempt to get things done.

yes that would be nice. With my son I slept when he did and got had tons of help as my mom was living with us at the time.

Our goal is to have James potty trained and in his own room by the time baby is born. I am sure things will be fine for both of us but it doesnt hurt to worry a bit.

yes that would be nice. With my son I slept when he did and got had tons of help as my mom was living with us at the time.

Our goal is to have James potty trained and in his own room by the time baby is born. I am sure things will be fine for both of us but it doesnt hurt to worry a bit.

yeah i used to sleep when she did, infact i probably had more sleep than usual.
What worries me this time is that i am single and have no family other than my dad who is ill and cant really be looking after alitttle baby, what do i do if i just suddenly can't cope and there is no one to pass baby too.

Pregnancy is scary business.

yep. I agree completely.

:hug: to you. I dont think I could do it on my own. I admire people like you.... I have a pretty big family between husband and I. No way I could to do it on my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->