Getting so excited.. can't wait to start

NovemberRayne

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hi all...

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place so I apologise in advance.. I've been a bit of lurker the past few months but I'm steadily getting so excited I have to post :happydance:

I'm 34 in a same sex couple and we've been waiting for ages to have our own family.. we started with consultations at a Fertility clinic but was advised to stop after a heart related health scare.. we got the all clear just over a year ago. In the past month everything has moved so fast it's surreal

We will having IUIs using a known donor and he attended the clinic to donate yesterday.. so as it stands we officially have sperm on ice lol
I'm in the middle of a dummy tracking cycle and at day 14 I had a 21mm follicle (they said it was a great size). I have one last scan on Monday to confirm ovulation actually happened.

I don't have an official protocol yet but the doctors think it's highly likely it'll be natural tracked cycles. I had a call today from the clinic who told me that potentially our donor sperm could be released for use in the next two weeks!!!

I'm so excited I could burst. Our families aren't aware of this because I've suffered two mc's before and want to be 'safe' before we get their hopes up.. so that's why I'm here, to get my excitement out and talk about it all once we're able to start.. it could be in 2 cycles or less :yipee:

Thanks for reading

Good luck! Hope you get to start your family soon!

Yay! That is so exciting! Congrats on starting soon and on having the donor all sorted out!

Yay! That is so exciting! Congrats on starting soon and on having the donor all sorted out!

Thank you sooo much.. there was a point I thought that we wouldn't get this far. Everything was stopped in its tracks under medical advice, I was suspected of a serious heart condition that could have put me in danger let alone a pregnancy.. so to be able to at least be here feels like a huge achievement in itself xx

Thank you sooo much.. there was a point I thought that we wouldn't get this far. Everything was stopped in its tracks under medical advice, I was suspected of a serious heart condition that could have put me in danger let alone a pregnancy.. so to be able to at least be here feels like a huge achievement in itself xx

Wow, that must feel really great to have the go-ahead to start trying. Are you all healthy now? Hopefully it didn't end up being to serious.

Good luck! Hope you get to start your family soon!

Thank you so much.. do you know when you'll start trying?

I just stopped my BCP. We're going to kind of NTNP. I'll be tracking my cycle for a couple months in order to get to know it. I'll stop once I've run out of stuff, probably, until our house is done.

Wow, that must feel really great to have the go-ahead to start trying. Are you all healthy now? Hopefully it didn't end up being to serious.

Absolutely all healthy now, which was such a weight off my shoulders, I still have to have heart monitoring every year but so far all is fine. :D

So my tracking cycle hasn't gone so well.. I went back on Monday to check for ovulation instead the follicle was 38.2mm in size. I went back this morning and it was 42mm so definitely developed into a cyst :cry:

As I'm now day 21 they got me to have a progesterone blood test. I get the results in a couple of days... they're hoping I've ovulated on day 14 when I had the 21mm follicle and this is just a natural occurring cyst. I have to go for a scan on day 2 of my next cycle to see if it has gone/reduced - if so they're looking at still going for a natural cycle just with a trigger shot. If not.. well I don't know just yet :shrug:

Fingers crossed for good blood work :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->