Getting started with play doh

bungle

Mummy of 2 girls
Reaction score
Hiya all,

I'm buying DD a table and chair for Xmas and would like to use it namely for arts and crafts. To this end I'd like to get her some play doh and some cutters etc to use with it. Can anyone suggest a set that would be suitable for an 18mth old just getting to grips with what play doh is all about? There seems to be SO many sets available I'm a bit overwhelmed.

So I thought I'd ask the experts ;)

the boys havent had play doh yet but are getting some for christmas - they will be 23 months. I just bought two tubs about £1.50 each - they will just get stuck in no doubt - I will get more adventurous depending on if they like it and how much mess it makes!!!

we got it from asda 12 months pluss. then just got reguler plastic cutters and rolling pin plastic 1 and she loves it we sit for hours just playing with it.

Yeah must admit I'm a bit concerned that she might think its for eating but im hoping she won't and that it's something nice that we'll be able to explore together x

we got it from asda 12 months pluss. then just got reguler plastic cutters and rolling pin plastic 1 and she loves it we sit for hours just playing with it.

Hadn't thought of that - Poundland have probably got some bits we could use to cut and roll the play doh. Thanks Hun :)

iif u get the one i got for 12 months pluss its fine if she puts it in her mouth its totaly safe. little 1 did it once must of tasted disgusting cos shenever tryed again lol

I was just gonna make my own, apparently it lasts a lot longer and you know whats in it that way, then i'll just buy some cutters from asda/poundland etc. We're gonna do it after xmas so callum will be 18 months xx

I was just gonna make my own, apparently it lasts a lot longer and you know whats in it that way, then i'll just buy some cutters from asda/poundland etc. We're gonna do it after xmas so callum will be 18 months xx

It's simple enough to make for sure - you can do it in the microwave so I'm told and I'd prefer to make my own really but I'm not sure I'll have the time or the patience to do so once baby arrives! :-S

Making playdough takes literally 5 minutes and lasts for months. It doesn't have any chemicals in and it's very salty so even if they put it in their mouth they'll probably spit it out pretty quickly! Here's the no-cook recipe I use: https://www.theimaginationtree.com/p/play-dough-salt-dough.html.

Making playdough takes literally 5 minutes and lasts for months. It doesn't have any chemicals in and it's very salty so even if they put it in their mouth they'll probably spit it out pretty quickly! Here's the no-cook recipe I use: https://www.theimaginationtree.com/p/play-dough-salt-dough.html.

I'm sure it's easy enough but I'd need to buy the ingredients and work out how to measure a 'cup'. I'm useless in the kitchen!! Lol

We make the play dough and just use cookie cutters, spoons and forks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->