Getting sun while pregnant.

mommyjuly2011

Waiting for Baby Girl!
Reaction score
Do you think this is safe? I desperately need some color to me, I am very pale! VERY lol. So do you think it would be safe to either: lay in the sun in little times, like ten minutes here and there, or swim in the water (and how much sun would actually get to you in the pool?). Thank you!

Yup I would say it is safe :) Vitm D is always good for you and your body. Remember sunblock though!! Also If you have a bare tummy make sure to use sunblock there too as when the skin stretches it becomes more sensitive to the sun..more like a baby skin :) When I was pregnant with my son, my daughter and I were at the pool almost every day while I was pregnant, up until he was born aug 16 :) On a side note swimming with a large belly is the strangest yet best filling in the world...your bump floats! Plus it takes all the pressure off your hips

Hey there. My doctor told me it was safe in moderation(just like everything else i guess). I went to mexico in the middle on june when I was 22 weeks with my first. I got lots of sun but kept well hydrated and sat in the shade for 30 minutes every time I felt i needed a cool down.

Yes. I believe it is safe as long as your body temp doesnt go too high. You want to stay hydrated and drink lots of water!! I've been sitting out in the sun for about 15 mins/day and I feel great when I do! Its better than staying indoors,especially when its nice outside. :) Wear that sunscreen and your sunglasses! :)

Please just make sure you don't get dehydrated and please wear sunscreen. Skin cancer is no joke, my mum is dying from it.

I was out in the sun A LOT while in Jamaica in the 2nd tri and was ok although my body did burn much easier for some reason. Or seemed to anyways. I also had this awful reaction from the sun with my lips. They got too much sun and blistered and were quite painful. Dr said it was just because the sun is stronger down there (obviously) and the pregnancy may have made me more sensitive. Regardless just try to drink lots of water and take breaks periodically :) And protect your lips!!

I'd make sure there was shade nearby. I love to sit in the sun and walk when it's sunny, but I noticed my stomach gets really hot, and it worried me so I've been out in the sun for short amounts of time, every day.

i have just returned now from 2 weeks in the dom rep and i have a lovely tan!!! nice big brown bump too and my midwife had no issues with this. I sat in the sun, the shade and also in the pool and baby loved it in the sun they kick loads its hilarious!!! x just to add i am totally healthy and so is baby squishy had a check up today x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->