Getting the nursery ready?

S

Shifter

I've read in a few of the to find out sex/or not threads people saying they want to get the nursery ready. I was just wondering why those people feel they can't do that without knowing the sex of the baby.

I take it you want to go pink or blue, but I was just wondering what made you decide to do that?

We're staying team yellow and still getting the nursery ready well before baby arrives.

Has anyone found out the sex and still decorated the nursery in gender-neutral colours?

When I actually get a house and have a nursery I'm not going to paint it pink. I think I'll go for a pale yellow and mint green.

im painting my LO nursery cream but may add some colour im undecided but most of it will be cream with a winnie the pooh theme :)

mine is cream also, so if she turns out not to be a she, we wont have to do anything to the nursery, just take all the pink clothes back :S lol

We're having a boy (overdue by 10 days now.. typical man!! ) and we've just finished decorating our nursery. its most definately not blue tho... its very yellow with Giraffes everywhere :) hehe!

bump is in our room until we move but I redecorated anyway in browns and creams all the bedding is blue with car on though!!

x

If we had found out the sex we still wouldn't be decorating in pink/blue - I don't buy in to the gender stereotyping thing. As it happens there's no way we will have the room ready before baby comes (but baby will be with us for months anyway). We've chosen some wallpaper with a bunnies/woodland sort of image on it. It's watercolour so it quite pale beige, greens and blues and is very cute!

Our nursery is going to be blush pink and golds, so yes it will be pink but I'm really not into the bright colours.

I did, mostly greens and yellows...there's pics on here somewhere

we chose zeddy and parsnip from mamas and papas before we knew he was a boy so it'll be pretty neutral, and the walls will be a creamy yellow colurs with a border, its a small room so cant go too dark, we've got wood flooring and a big zeddy fluffy rug to go in it.
xx

I got I love my bear from babies r us, i decided on that as soon as i found out, because i didnt want a pink or blue room... But even tho baby will be in with us for a few months i still wanted it ready b4 she arrived. but i didnt start buying or painting until i had my scan so i new every thing was ok xx

Thanks for the replies so far. It's interesting that so many peeps are going for neutral rooms. Sometimes on this site it does feel like I'm surrounded by pink/blue fans!

We're on team yellow and plan to stay that way after the scan next week. The room we will be using as a nursery was only decorated this spring so we don't want to redecorate again so soon. We have wall paper on one wall which is a bit girly but the other walls are just painted cream I'm only going to use cream & white baby stuff in there and maybe add some more gender specific accessories once bean arrives.

We chose the 'I love my bear' theme, even getting the paint colour matched!! Before finding out if babba was a boy.

we found out the sex but still went for neutral, i always knew exactly what i wanted - winnie the pooh - from mothercare, we have everything from wallpaper, nappy stacker, bedding and clothes :blush: i just love it :blush: she can have her girly room when she's a bit older and asks for the whole disney princess thing. ill have to post some pictures of our nursery, i was so chuffed with it and still am :blush:

I'm having a girl but I actually have a yellow/periwinkle blue nursery. I finally got everything up tonight and I am SO glad I have a blue theme. Everything else she has is pink, I think it will be nice to bring her into a nice light, calming enviornment. I'm a firm believer that calm colours means a calm baby!

We went with a beige/pinkish color, not super bright, but still girly looking, and it was on the paint marks as bieng a "calm" shade :D The rest of the decor is peter rabbit and is all beige, light blue etc...

I just liked knowing it was a girl so I could make it pretty for her :D

We found out the gender and his room is a bone color with seafoam green. I didn't feel like doing the traditional blue. I did that with my first son and he grew out of it and I ended up having to re-do his whole room- freakin expensive!

They wont let us know here in the hospital but even if they did i would still do it in neutral colours as they have got these things wrong in the past. So its neutral colours for me, the walls anyway as i dont do pink or blue walls anyway. After that I will put in some colour.

When i FINALLY get in the house i'll be decorating my nursery cream (cos the whole house is cream just now :lol: ) with a winnie the pooh theme!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->