Getting there own way!!

babe2ooo

mum to Jack
Reaction score
Just need a bit of advice really,

well my step son is 8 but he having a real problem with things not going his way, when ever hes naughty or get told something he will just cry thinking that if he does he will get his own way, we never give in and when it gets really bad he goes to his room, but hes started playing with his friendS out side but keeps coming home crying which is making me think he should go out,

so i had a word with one of the boys mother and she said the reason they dont want to play with him is because if he doesnt want to play what they are playing he will just cry to get his own way and the other boys say they dont like it, i just dont know wot to do, i dont let him get away with it, but when hes outside i cant really tell him cause i dont know when hes doing it,

he has been an only child for 7 years and i dont know if its that, one other thing his real mum is not here anymore since he was four but his nan has tryed to take on the roll of mum, the thing is when he crys with her she gives in and he gets wot ever he wants which is where i think it comes from...

HELP???? WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE HIM STOP???

My 8 year old is the same although not with the same circumstances i used to think it was just James that still did this but maybe it is their age? i watched super nanny or whatever its called once and she gave each child a certain amount of balls in a container and everytime they did something naughty or threw a tantrum they lost a ball but if they did something good they could earn one back, we are trying this at the moment they start with 10 pipecleaners (all i could find enough off at the time) and they lose one if they fight with each other, are mean to each other, throw tantrums etc but they do gain them as well just not as often at the end of the day we right on a chart how many they have left and at the end of the week they get 10p for every pipecleaner and believe me it doesn't cost me a fortune they are typical boys lol, since we started doing it i have noticed they do try harder to get along and not throw tantrums and they both suddenly want to help around the house to earn them too. I hope you find a solution, have you tried talking to his grandma? (easier said than done i know) good luck x

that sounds like a good idea, we do have a bed time chart which works well, so i might try that, i would like to talk to her but i dont think i could say it in the right way. thanks so much

I use sticks for kacy, she was throwing alot of trantums not doing as she was told, she has to collect 10 sticks they don't get taken away from her if she is naughty she just doesn't get a stick the next morning.

sorry i might not be explaining this very well.

we have just done it and her prize was to go the cinemas with me and DH, it took her about a month to collect all 10 sticks for good behaviour cos it did get very bad.

she is now collecting them again this time for a computer game to play with me or DH.

she gets to put the stick in the pot the next morning, but i do it the next morning purely for the fact i want her to go bed very well and if she got the stick before hand she might be naughty and i odn't want to take it off her and confuse her.

hope this helps i know its a different situation but i'm finding it really helping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->