Getting upset at my opks, I think I have PCOS :(

alibombali

Reaction score
I did post this under opk gallery, not sure how to move it so thought I'd post here as its more relevant.

Hi everyone,

I keep getting positive or nearly positive opks (I'm definitely not pregnant)

I am getting so down as I'm 3 weeks late for AF and I know it's not normal to keep getting these types of opks constantly.

I think I may have PCOS again, I had it 2 years ago and then it settle. But I think I have it again I feel so disheartened!!

I've read that opks like mine may be an indicator of pcos, has anybody had consistently positive opks with a positive outcome (I.e not having pcos?)

Thank you!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 6
Mine are almost always positive, but i don't have PCOS.

How long have you been trying? Have you had any tests done?

Mine are almost always positive, but i don't have PCOS.

How long have you been trying? Have you had any tests done?

I already have a son and when we were ttc with him I never had a positive opk and they never even had a 2nd line, and my periods were all over the place - I didn't have one for 7 months!!

We have been trying for about 4 months now and my periods have become messed up again. After having my son they were regular for a while (about 4 months) but then they became irregular and now I am having really long cycles.

Do you opks look like the one I attached when youre not ovulating? I haven't been for any tests yet but I think I will go to see the doctor at some point soon, but I just think she will laugh at me if I tell her about my opks!

You either have pcos or you don't, it doesn't go away.
Have you recently gained weight? That can worsen it

You either have pcos or you don't, it doesn't go away.
Have you recently gained weight? That can worsen it

I went for a scan September 2011 and I had cysts on my ovaries, I lost a bit of weight and in January 2012 I had another and I didn't have any cysts then conceived my son - so I was under the impression that it could settle if you lost weight etc. maybe I don't have the syndrome and only had pco at the time.

Yes I have put on a bit of weight, that probably explains it. Time to get down to slimming world again I think!

Hi, i dont have pcos and with my first pregnancy used clear blue smiley face opk, it said i O 3 days after my period finished then 4 days after that i had another smiley face then another one the day after that one then 6 or 7 days after that i got another smiley face! So i got 4 in one month! I dont know if the last one was because i was infact pregnant but i didnt do a test until 2 weeks after the last smiley to find out i was! I lost that baby then fell again using opks but after the 1st smiley which again was 3 days after my period ended i stopped testing but my daughters due date matched exactly from the day i got that smiley. We've just started to try again so thought i would use opks again and im getting the samething! My period ended on wed 1st i got a smiley on sat 4th then another one on tuesday 7th!! And now ive just given up doing anymore for the rest of the month! Ha. I like the clear blue ones i know they cost a little bit more but you cant get confused with the lines! I dont know how they would work for you but my friend has pcos and uses opks and her periods are very irregular but she dont get positives all the time!

Weight/irregular periods/PCOS are definitely intertwined! You may want to make an appt with your doc to have and ultrasound just to take a look at your ovaries. PCOS ovaries have a very distinct 'string of pearls' pattern with the follicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->