ggggrrrrr kids

kelly2903

mum2princess an expectin
Reaction score
so oh has 3 kids caitlyn 10 paige 12 and ryan 13 ... they are generally good...but last night me and oh where going to a party and kids where over as they are every weekend... they asked if they could do some baking with the sitter i said no:wacko: not to be a spoil sport but the sitter doesnt use her brain when it comes to using everything in my fridge and in my cupboards they have baked with her before and they used all the sugar in the cupboard and in the tin all the eggs and all the milk and all the butter not to mention they left the kitchen looking like a right shit tip:growlmad: with no thought from the sitter that they was no milk for ceral in the morning or no butter for toast:growlmad: so i told them never again when im not in i will bake with them by all means but not when im not in...... anyways last night despite what i said they baked anyway and what a suprise used all the milk all the sugar and butter GGGGRRRRRRrrrr i told them no..... im also angry at the sitter for doing it when i said no :grr:fucking pointless...

and not only that im a bit pissed because they obviously live at home with there mum monday to friday and at ours on weekends but when they get here they eat everything that they can get there hands on which leaves nothing for us through the week.... i have tryed to explain to them when they go home we still live here and we still need to eat and they dont need to eat everything such as the snacks like they are going out of fashion lilly needs snacks for through the week too :growlmad: i dont mind them eating proper food just annoys me they eat everything easy and leave us with nothing

Hon, they are older kids now who eat consistently. I go through this too as I have two stepkids who are 12 and when they come over every second weekend, everything is gone.

What bugs me is that I get things for my kids' lunches and it's all eaten without asking.

But, what can you do? They are growing kids and at this age, they eat consistently. I've learned to do a grocery shop on the Sunday they go home or the next day.

Also, if you remember growing up and going to your friend's houses that they had food that perhaps you didn't have at home and how you liked going to their house because of it?

BTW, a little thing I will be doing is setting aside a shelf in my pantry for snacks for the kids' for their lunches and another for when the stepkids come around. If that doesn't work, then hiding snacks will be next.

And also buying double or triple of things for this plan of attack.

yeh totally get that they are growing ive told them i dont mind them eating proper meals and dessert if they have room..... and some snacks in between the thing that bugs me most of all is they wont eat proper meals they will eat 10 packs of crisp each one after another and the whole biscuit tin the day they get there every other sweet thing in the house and all the fridge stuff ie all the bacon on the sandwich stuff and all the juice and all the yogurts..... i buy lilly 24 yogurts and i buy them fruit corners the big pack and they eat all of them there is no need for that growing or not i dont no where they put it.... well i do its because they wont eat the proper meals so they are hungry all the time if they ate breakfast when i make it and lunch and tea and super like the rest of the family do they wouldnt be so hungry in between..... thats the annoying bit for me they dont eat like that at there mums she has 7 mouths to feed so they eat when she cooks but dont seem to want to do that for me gggrrrrr..... i like buying them things that they like you no like snacky things and i do every week buy there fav cereal and fav pops ect.... they really dont have to eat everything lol sorry im just ranting..... i never minded for years cause we didnt have lilly then and if they ate everything who cared but they have to learn to leave things for there sister too x

thanks for reading i no im going on and its over summert real stupid just annoying to me xx

ha sorry i didnt read your 2nd reply yeah i think a little hiding place for the extras i buy so we still have some through the week sounds like a plan of action to me.... cause ive already tryed the stuff for lil the stuff for them and they just eat it all regardless they even use to eat lillys baby stuff ie rusks and baby yogurts and the baby pasta i used to buy for her when she was weaning so hiding is my only chance lol xx

Well, you could always try stocking up on everything healthy and good for them, fruits and veg with dipping sauces etc.. and not even buy bags of crisps and all that. That way, if they really are hungry, they'll eat it all up and you'll know they're getting healthier foods in them that are more likely to keep them fuller for longer. You could always buy a couple bags of crisps and have that be it for the weekend, which would be far better for them than eating a bunch of bags of them, ya know? Popcorn can also be a healthier alternative (the plain type), cheeses, etc.. you could probably find a list of things which are healthier for them and filling, so they are getting their proper nutrition but also not downing empty calories, ya know?

As for the sitter and baking situation, I would be mega pissed after telling both the kids and the sitter that it was a no no. I would let the sitter know in polite but firm manner that you don't appreciate being left with no sugar, butter, and milk the next day, nor the kitchen being left a mess, and that these things are off limits when she's around.

Basically, I'd recommend becoming a bit more assertive as it sounds like you're being walked on a wee bit and they could do with boundaries being set and followed through, and they'll have a lot more respect for you then too.

Best of luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->