GI Diet

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Frankie, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Frankie

Frankie Well-Known Member

2. nataliecn

nataliecn Mommy to Grady and WTT!

i used to have a book on this... i would have sent it to you, but i gave it to a thrift store literally a week ago!

so you're just doing it to have the full effect, versus to actually lose weight?

hope it works for you! :)

3. enigma

enigma mum of 3 nearly 4.

I dont think your mad at all for thinking of healthy eating, because thats what it is basically.
    Theres nothing wrong with taking on a healthy eating regime while your pregnant, i my self have been avoiding the urge to eat loads of chocolate and junk food by substituting with fruit and veg and lots of pasta meals.
    My baby will benefit from it just as much as we do and it will be easier to stick to it once baby comes so that we can loose that baby weight easier.

4. Purple_Kitty

Purple_Kitty Momma to Jonah & Evie

I don't think it is mad, I've been thinking the exact same thing. I'm trying to eat healthier options now as I know it will be better for not only me and Bean, but for the rest of the household as well! Not that I intend to give up my pasta... I'm an addict. Still, I can have it in moderation if I choose better toppings, so I'm happy! I don't consider this a diet, it is more a building block to a better, healthier future. Diets include starvation and tears of frustration. My way includes healthy snacks and longer walks with the dog... much, MUCH better. My dog agrees 100%. ;) :mrgreen:

5. pennysbored

pennysbored Well-Known Member

You are all better eaters than I am apparently.
    And the GI diet is more a way of life, isn't it?