Gift opening...when do you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samo

Reaction score
On Christmas day, when do you open all the gifts? In the morning first thing when you wake up? At midnight as soon as possible? After breakfast/lunch/dinner/church?

My family was always very slow at opening gifts, it made me sad when i was younger lol but over the years i've just gotten used to it. We usually opened gifts after dinner time in the evening!!! I would go out for the day to visit friends and admire all their lovely things and just have to wait until evening!! Really don't know why my parents did this! It sort of killed Christmas for me some years as Christmas was OVER by the time i got a chance to sit and enjoy all the goodies!

sad thing is i've become so used to it that the few years i've had Christmas w/o my family, i feel odd opening gifts earlier in the day :dohh: as if i shouldn't be allowed to :rofl:

As a child, we always opened gifts first thing in the morning. Now that I have kids, there's no way we could go the entire day without them opening their gifts. LOL So first thing in the a.m. it is.

Me too, once ive had a cuppa i open all my pressies in the morning, then open any others when i go and visit family

In my family we were allowed to open our stockings in the morning, then we would go to my grandparents house for lunch and we weren't allowed to open our presents until around 4pm. Even since now have Christmas at my parents they keep the same schedule, though obviously as an adult I don't mind so much... Pah.
It's great because DH's family is Italian and Mexican, so they open presents at midnight Christmas eve. I plan on having a mix of traditions with my kids, basically a 24hr present fest!

My family wakes up soooooooooooo early (like 6am!) to open presents. My sister usually ends up dragging me out of bed waving a cup of coffee under my nose

Ive also got up super early to open my presents. Its just me and my OH this year so Christmas is going to be a very non eventful day. Dont think we are even having a tree.

As kids the whole family had to go into the living room at the same time on xmas morning and we opened out pressies first thing

I like mine on christmas day but my boyfriend has to be beaten off the presents as he always eventually gets them open on xmas eve and thats me holding him off lol

First thing on Christams morning! :D

Always at Christmas',birthdays etc. we'd open our presents in the morning,even when my dad would get back from his business trips we'd open whatever present he brought us early in the morning.
Thats way till this day I get up everyday at 5 a.m. lol

As a kid we did it first thing in the morning. Now it's kind of crazy because we go down to Texas for Christmas to visit my family so last year we opened our gifts to each other before we went down. :wacko: Not sure what we're going to do with Hannah's gifts next year and Santa Claus

My family has always had a big dinner and gift opening on Christmas Eve... And then on Christmas morning we do presents from "Santa".

Which works out well because my OH's family does their Christmas dinner and present opening on Christmas day :D

we do bits in stages...

we have our stockings in the morning, then we visit family (in laws and my mum) and swap presents with them, then when we get home we do our main presents

when my mum wakes me up lol

yes youd expect it to be the kids but my mums worse :rofl:

with my parents its as soon as my mums awake we all have to be up and opening pressents but with my oh's family..

they open there stockings then 1 person at a time opens a present tells everyone who its from and what i is then you have dinner and everything then you can open the pressents that are under the tree yet again 1 at a time to show everyone ... god i hate xmas at his house lol

My family has always had a big dinner and gift opening on Christmas Eve... And then on Christmas morning we do presents from "Santa".

Which works out well because my OH's family does their Christmas dinner and present opening on Christmas day :D

This is what we do too :)

I open mine in the morning time just after a cup of tea :)
I am always given my presents by family the night before or 2 days before so i can open them on christmas morning, :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back