Gifts for a preemie baby

c1403

Reaction score
EDIT: Preemie Baby

Hello All

My nephew was born at 25 weeks back in April. He is now 5 months old, although actual due date would have been end of July.

He's a little fighter and hopefully be allowed home very soon.

Obviously this Christmas is his first and very special as his brother sadly did not make it. Any suggestions on a gift for him that would be suitable.

Last edited:
Do you know the Jellycat stuffed animals? You can get some of them personalized with the name/monogram/initials- they're beautiful quality. :) I've seen those on Etsy, but think Jellycat might do them themselves, too.

My other thought would be some beautiful clothes a size or two up. I just like the message there that he is doing well, and will grow up and into them in time.

I'd either go for something that can be used as he gets bigger (bigger clothes, toys from 6 months, maybe a weaning set) or a keep sake. You know what would be beautiful as his twin was lost. Turtle doves. His parents could have one on the tree and one on his brothers grave (it is after 24 weeks that you are allowed to bury your child isnt it?) or in a memory box for his brother. Or even if the doves seem lame, something that has two parts, one for him and one for his brother.

I'd either go for something that can be used as he gets bigger (bigger clothes, toys from 6 months, maybe a weaning set) or a keep sake. You know what would be beautiful as his twin was lost. Turtle doves. His parents could have one on the tree and one on his brothers grave (it is after 24 weeks that you are allowed to bury your child isnt it?) or in a memory box for his brother. Or even if the doves seem lame, something that has two parts, one for him and one for his brother.

I was thinking some sort of keepsake gift for them both.
I've got a first christmas sleepsuit and my daughters loved jelly cats so will get one of those and a toy. X

Hi, I want to offer a scooter to my son for his 5th birthday. We will be celebrating his birthday on October 15, so I am wondering what type (electric or not) and brand of scooter I should buy. My colleague Mathilda suggested that I buy a besrey brand scooter, does anyone know the brand? Have you ever bought it for your child? Please I need your suggestions as I need to prepare his gift as soon as possible. Thanks

图片4.png

I have a preemie niece (24+3) and nephew (24+5). Now 12 and 6. They were both different growing up although both have ASD on different scales and different level of care. My niece required more physical support as she was growing so sit me ups, bumbos and play mats were her necessities until she was around 2. Where as my nephew was more sensory triggered and still is.

One gift I do remember buying my nephew was a personalised taggy blanket

I have a preemie niece (24+3) and nephew (24+5). Now 12 and 6. They were both different growing up although both have ASD on different scales and different level of care. My niece required more physical support as she was growing so sit me ups, bumbos and play mats were her necessities until she was around 2. Where as my nephew was more sensory triggered and still is.

One gift I do remember buying my nephew was a personalised taggy blanket

Ahh lovely to know they're doing well x
Nephew is home now bless him. He's so adorable.
I've got him a wooden Noahs Ark, Christmas Onesie and a little wooden train woth his name (got the same for his brother too)

Oh the turtle doves … beautiful . I
Might do this for myself and my niece.

Ahh lovely to know they're doing well x
Nephew is home now bless him. He's so adorable.
I've got him a wooden Noahs Ark, Christmas Onesie and a little wooden train woth his name (got the same for his brother too)
So glad your nephew is home and doing well.
Those are great gifts.

I tend to buy things that can be used later on . Most people seem to buy the first 6 months x

We had the wooden ark for my eldest and it was a lovely room decoration before she was old enough to play with it. Obviously with him being so premature, I didn't want to get too much as he may not develop at the same stage. He's six months now but adjusted age is only two and half. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->