Ginger baby???

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son up until this year was fine with everyone and everything he now has something about ginger hair which as we have pointed out we have friends who are great who happen to have ginger hair so I can only assume it's another lovely opinion gained at school or he has had a run in with someone and made that association. My brother had dark ginger hair and was treated very badly so from that pov I would say yea maybe I would prefer it if they were dark like me or blond like hubs but as long as they are happy & healthy I don't give a rats ass what colour hair or eyes they have!
Was a bit of an insensitive post tbf!

First I have to say the ginger babies and children are SOOOO cute on here. Thank you for sharing. Gorgeous! I moved over from the first trimester and was shocked when I found this post.

I have ginger hair and was amazed when I read this. Of course I was bullied but that was mostly from girls who were jealous (most of which had very boring hair and no style) and boys who later asked me out. I would LOVE a baby with red hair and my husband has lots of red hairs in his beard 9as do a lot of men). He is Italian and I find myself thinking about what our child will look like:-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/63836419@N04/5815072357/in/photostream

I have a ginger brother, ginger mother, three ginger aunties and ginger grandmother. My grandmother was a model and I now model and write for Superdrugloves as a Beauty Expert StylesMatter. I find that my hair has got me jobs, male attention and some very unwanted attention.

I was surprised that someone of adult age would mention this as the last time I heard these sort of comments was when I was 14 years old. Surprising!

Just thought I'd also share with you ladies I picked a ginger dog who I called Mr Ted. Thought it might make a few of you chuckle. He has the same hair colour as mine and many people comment on how handsome he is ( I think he knows he is too lol):

Attachments

• n771034917_1502295_998.jpg
    n771034917_1502295_998.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 6
I agree. I've colored my hair reddish brown and got loads of compliments when I was in college. I've even got some hair dye ready for after LO is born! :haha: It's possible our LO will have auburn hair, but not bright red as it runs on both sides of our families. Then again, he may have brown or even blonde! It's just the pick of the genetic litter!

I am ginger and proud (see my username!)... I also like to whinge, so this thread satisfies me on 2 levels :)

Firstly, I found OP and the poster who mentioned ginger kids being 'creepy' offensive. For what it is worth I have a ginger child and a few hours in the sun brings out a few gorgeous freckles. He is a gorgeous boy and not 'creepy'. I have dark red long tight curly hair with natural strawberry blonde highlights. I am stopped everywhere I go for people to tell me how gorgeous my hair is and ask where I got it done! Sometimes total strangers stroke my hair lol. I was not bullied at school, I would not allow it. Without boasting I was one of the most popular kids at school for no other reason that I like making people laugh, the colour of my hair was/is irrelevant.

My son has no hang ups about his hair and I won't let him have in the future. I like to think he has the strength of character to be proud of who he is and the inner confidence to shrug off anyone who dare bully him. Bullies bully for a reaction, come back with a quick one liner which makes them laugh and they will want to be your best friend - trust me, I have perfected the technique :)

In summery, I think it is probably people like the OP and the lady who said ginger kids are creepy that need to have a look at themselves. I hope your children don't go on to be bullies but if they do, what will you say? 'Mummy agrees with you darling, carry on'

I would rather stand out from the crowd than fade into the background :) xx

just read this whole thread.
i'm a mummy to a redhead & she is the most beautiful girl ever (biased i know) we have had nothing but good comments about how pretty her hair is.
i also have a friend whos daughter (3 at time) hair started to get red tints in it from the sun etc & she was distraught saying she was going to dye her 3 year old daughters hair because she hated redheads & thought it was all wrong :(

on the bullying kids will get picked on for all manner of things not just cos they have red hair

My lil sis has got ginger tinted blonde hair and the most freckles Ive ever seen on anyone. She was never bullied because of them and until this day she gets plenty of compliments about her not so average looks.

I wasnt used to seeing really ginger hair until I moved to the UK. I certainly didnt find it creepy or nasty. I think its nice :)

I think ginger hair is lovely. I'm dark brown and find ginger colour far more interesting with the different colours. Children bully for all sorts of reasons, they find some things and pick on that, whether your tall, short, ginger, whatever.

I think the problem on here is when a statement is made it can be taken in a way that was not meant by the OP. It's like with text messages, you can't convey an emotion in a short written statement and it can back fire massively.

On another note, I am horrified that there are people who jump on the band wagon and come out with throw away comments that will seriously cause offence. I was bullied at school for many years for various things, but mainly having "goofy" teeth. It ruined my self worth and despite even today being told by people I became a swan and I'm lovely looking etc I can not take a compliment at all, I straight away come back with a negative response and all this because of how mean kids can be.

Before posting something in black and white I think ladies need to really "think" about the effect it can have on someone else's feelings. Free speech is all very well, but not when you are upsetting another mum to be going happily about her business. xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"