• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Ginger baby???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in the uk, my friends ex was very Ginger haired - think the twins in Harry potter but brighter. He used to get people shouting abuse at him out of the car window in the street.

Think it's a tad more acceptable now though x

My DH has brown hair and brown eyes. I have light brown hair and green eyes. Our son ended up with red hair and blue eyes and our daughter has brown hair and brown eyes. Apparently my grandmother had red hair but no one else in our family has red hair. We live in the US and always get compliments from strangers for our sons hair and everyone asks where it came from. (my DH just says the mailman when people ask). I understand not wanting a ginger. I don't mind the red hair at all, I just worry about the freckles. Red haired and excessively freckled children can be a little creepy. Does anyone know when a kid would get tons of freckles?

Personally I hope that bubs is born fit and healthy - I can't say I really think about hair colour - all babies are beautiful.

I have red hair and I always get comments on it. People always compliment the dye job and then I have to tell them it's real :haha:

Red hair is what you make it. I have a few male ginger friends and believe me, it's very attractive when combined with their personality. My LO is dirty blonde but I am hoping my next baby has a bit of my redness in him/her.

Personally I think this is pretty pathetic to 'put down' ginger haired people like some seem to be doing. Its actually bordering on offending.

lol this made me chuckle we are both dark brown so fingers crossed we don't have a ginger baby I just don't like ginger hair sorry :))

How do you think this comment may make people with ginger hair or people of kids with ginger hair feel? A little Offending I think:growlmad:

I think I'd be more concerned that your baby is born healthy with all its bits rather than his/her's hair colour!

They would probably get freckles once being outside a lot. true a lot of red heads do have a lot of freckles. But I know it to go both ways. I know some with hardly any, none, and then a bunch. I do agree having a ton of freckles isnt the most attractive thing, but most dont have enough to look "creepy". I think most red heads do have freckles, but not a load of them. Just a sprinkling through out thier face and body.

TBH, why did you make the thread when you know it would sound horrid? Theres people on here with children with gorgeous red hair :shrug: Its just another colour ffs.

I have red hair and I always get comments on it. People always compliment the dye job and then I have to tell them it's real :haha:

Red hair is what you make it. I have a few male ginger friends and believe me, it's very attractive when combined with their personality. My LO is dirty blonde but I am hoping my next baby has a bit of my redness in him/her.
This.

Im British btw, Its true that a lot of people dont lke it here but I dont know if thats the most or just the noisiest/dumbest no reflection on the op here! that 'louder' attitude that bully type kids have against anything different does seem to influence a general attitude amongst some, although to be honest most find it attrative on people that they actually know. I think its just one of those things that people dont think about here enough. Isnt Lynsey Lohan from the states? and Paris Hilton gave her a ton of stick for her hair (amongst others) and so she dyes it..its playground stuff tbh.

Honestly can you imagine the outrage if someone posted saying 'oh i hope my baby doesnt have pale skin' 'i hope my baby doesnt have dark skin' :growlmad: Why is it any different with eye or hair colour? Defo not acceptable in this day and age.

https://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/meh.ro7177.jpg

how hideous!

Actually that picture is a bit hideous. Not the girl, but the provacative picture. Im sure you could have found a decent picture to show how pretty red heads are, or handsome if its a man. I do agree red heads are just as good looking as other hair colors etc. And pale skin, well I have pretty pale skin, and I think I'm good looking to be honest

Personally I think this is pretty pathetic to 'put down' ginger haired people like some seem to be doing. Its actually bordering on offending.

lol this made me chuckle we are both dark brown so fingers crossed we don't have a ginger baby I just don't like ginger hair sorry :))

How do you think this comment may make people with ginger hair or people of kids with ginger hair feel? A little Offending I think:growlmad:

I think I'd be more concerned that your baby is born healthy with all its bits rather than his/her's hair colour!

i agree compleatly with this comment, i have natural ginger hair, and i find this thread quite offensive!! we're grown women not schoolgirls! so what if your baby has ginger hair would it make you love it any less???

Actually that picture is a bit hideous. Not the girl, but the provacative picture. Im sure you could have found a decent picture to show how pretty red heads are, or handsome if its a man. I do agree red heads are just as good looking as other hair colors etc. And pale skin, well I have pretty pale skin, and I think I'm good looking to be honest

I think she looks stunning as always.

Theres a ginger/red gene in my family so theres chances for us we dont know enough about DH's family to know if theres one hidden in there too lol.

i have 2 blond boys one with green eyes one with blue lol and we dont know if EJ's eyes will keep changing and go brown before they stop its a waiting game to see lol, DH has blond/brown with brown eyes and i have blond/brown with blue eyes though i currently have bleached blonde hair lol,

as long as this baby is happy it can even come out with its grandad's nose lol

shes stunning. Also prince harry as completely surpassed prince william regards the looks dept.

Dick winters in band of brothers. Hummina hummina ;)

https://teezy4sheezy.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/damianlewis.jpg

Ok I know it's terrible but I really hope my baby isn't bright Ginger :-S I have dark brown hair, black eyelashes & brows etc. FOB is Ginger, eeek. I know ur gonna say- well u went to bed with one so they can't be that bad but it wasn't a romantic thing at all!! He was a really good friend & we kinda overstepped the mark. Anywho, anyone have a Ginger man & not a Ginger baby?? Lol :p

Hahaha! Are you sure you aren't me?! I did the exact same thing as you..overstepped the mark with a ginger friend lol

Anyway. I have no idea about the ginger. I always thought both parents had to carry the gene though as it's recessive? I may be wrong. I'm not too worried about my little girl being a red head, she'll be beautiful either way and I'm sure you will feel that way too about your baby :)

Dick winters in band of brothers. Hummina hummina ;)

https://teezy4sheezy.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/damianlewis.jpg

o/t but love B.O.B
I used to have a crush on Eric Stoltz lol.
Loads of my friends have massive crushes on Josh Homme, hes definitely a full on ginge, i dont find him that attractive but he definitely has a full on rockstar attitude. no 'whiney ginger kid' there for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"