Ginger baby???

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant believe this thread has caused arguments :cry: people have there own opinions. i honestly think bnb ladies need to start being a bit more mature your going to be mums soon (if not already) people have there own opinions if you dont like the thread dont read it simple really.

and to the op i dont like ginger hair either i used to go school with a girl that got picked on all the time and i wouldnt want that for my child.

Personally I think this is pretty pathetic to 'put down' ginger haired people like some seem to be doing. Its actually bordering on offending.

lol this made me chuckle we are both dark brown so fingers crossed we don't have a ginger baby I just don't like ginger hair sorry :))

How do you think this comment may make people with ginger hair or people of kids with ginger hair feel? A little Offending I think:growlmad:

I think I'd be more concerned that your baby is born healthy with all its bits rather than his/her's hair colour!

i cant believe this thread has caused arguments :cry: people have there own opinions. i honestly think bnb ladies need to start being a bit more mature your going to be mums soon (if not already) people have there own opinions if you dont like the thread dont read it simple really.

and to the op i dont like ginger hair either i used to go school with a girl that got picked on all the time and i wouldnt want that for my child.

If the OP had said she didn't want a baby with dark skin, or light skin, or whatever skin, people would have the same reaction. I wasn't offended tbh but i can see why some people would be.

I think it's pretty discusting to call a child with Ginger hair and freckles "creepy" and not very attractive. Poor child. There is nothing wrong with Ginger hair. It's a colour like brown/blonde etc. Ginger hair doesn't run in my family but I wouldn't care if it did, i would still find my baby the most cutest thing in the world. I hope none of you ladies have babys with Ginger hair as they would have a miserable life, what with the bullies of the world and then you lot as parents!! There's more important things to worry about then weather you baby could end up with Ginger hair.

I have to say the bullying thing is very dated, and i hope to bring my child up to have their own mind and a strong attitude to deal with that sort of element, wherever it is and whatever form. I wouldnt be apologetic to a bully for my child not fitting in enough! I want them to be unique.

a. people can have their opinions you're right
b. others can challenge that opinion if they wish
c. I already am a mother and I think the immaturity are people saying they dont want a ginger baby :wacko:

I have nothing against Ginger haired people.

My daughter is three and if she sees a Ginger haired male person she says oh look he's Norman Price from fireman sam lol

I agree in the sence i would not want my child to be bullied, my counson is still bullied for his hair and his in his 20's now but that is the only reason.. However i have very dark brown hair and a face full of freckles in the summer haha

I've got blonde hair with red bits in and my OH has Ginger specks in his beard.
Our first daughter came out with a head full of dark red hair. It turned a bright orange, fell out and then grew back a White blonde curly mop! Our second daughter was born dark brown and now has bright orange hair. She is 17 weeks so o expect it to fall out and we shall see what colour it becomes.

Everyone has a comment to say about people with red hair.... I personally don't care what colour hair my girlies have, you love them no matter.

I hear what the OP is saying - before I get shot along with her, I wasn't meaning I agree necessarily!!!! Red hair can be beautiful but I can't say it is a sort after quality here in NZ. I know some gorgeous red heads but often they have quite dark red hair or have really blonded up over the years. It is often a point for teasing - especially the unruly red hair with the large amount of freckles. It is mainly an issue while they are at school and then no longer. I can't say I would like my child to be predisposed to teasing but like every mum on here, I wish mostly for a healthy child.

FWIW, I have blond hair and blue eyes and was teased in school b/c of my nose. Hair color will not predispose you to teasing. Children do not distinguish between one another until they learn 'differences' in appearance from their parents. My 4 year old has no clue that people look different from her, as neither me or my husband would ever say anything about it.

I am a mother of a beautiful 2 year old ginger boy. The comments that ginger children are 'creepy' are very offensive to me. Being offended by an obvious negative stereotype does not make me immature. I popped over from 1st tri as this is my 4th child and felt ready to see what the 2nd tris were discussing. Needless to say, I wasn't expecting this. I wish you all the best of luck in your pregnancies and hope that you have healthy children that you love unconditionally, regardless of hair/eye/skin color.

I'm based in the UK and I'm fully expecting either this LO or a future LO to have red hair - it seems to run in my family - I have it, my mum has it, my grandma has it. I really don't mind either way! Some friends of mine are both blonde haired and blue eyed and their daughter has ginger hair. I really don't think hair colour should matter as long as the child is healthy and for those who say that red hair = bullying, I was bullied far more for the fact that I had skin problems/ wanting to do well at school than for my hair colour! My auntie has been trying to dye her hair the same colour as mine since she met me and hairdressers always ask which hair dye I use - I love being able to tell them it's completely natural.

I have red hair and use to hate it as was picked on for it when younger. Now I just think its pathetic to tease someone due to their hair colour but also think bullies will find anything slightly different and use it to tease, hair colour, glasses, too skinny, too fat etc.
I have one son with dark brown hair (like his dad), one with blond hair (like his dad was when younger). I think it would be hilarious if our third child arrives with red hair as it will be like having a rainbow assortment of hair colour. Just be a bit worried that people will think they all have different dads!!

aww i think thats mean :( i dont get this aversion to ginger hair. Id pay loads to have beautiful red hair, and that gorgeous complexion that goes with it

FWIW, I have blond hair and blue eyes and was teased in school b/c of my nose. Hair color will not predispose you to teasing. Children do not distinguish between one another until they learn 'differences' in appearance from their parents. My 4 year old has no clue that people look different from her, as neither me or my husband would ever say anything about it.

I am a mother of a beautiful 2 year old ginger boy. The comments that ginger children are 'creepy' are very offensive to me. Being offended by an obvious negative stereotype does not make me immature. I popped over from 1st tri as this is my 4th child and felt ready to see what the 2nd tris were discussing. Needless to say, I wasn't expecting this. I wish you all the best of luck in your pregnancies and hope that you have healthy children that you love unconditionally, regardless of hair/eye/skin color.

A child can learn 'differences' from nursery, day care, school, the park. Anywhere. They could even pick it up from people yelling on the street. They will begin to distinguish from one another once a group of them are put together. And ginger IS in fact a major bulls eye for many children. Carrot top, ginger dragon, ect ect. You cannot say a child will never learnt to tell the difference in people until they learn it from their parents.

My OH is kind of ginger, and has been teased for it for as long as he can remember. As he has aged, its not as ginger anymore, and he STILL gets teased for it.
He has tons and tons and tons of freckles too. And guess what, he is GORGEOUS!

I have mousy brown hair, but my mum is auburn and her mum was auburn. I am covered in freckles on my top half, and I'm ridiculously pale!

I won't mind our kidlet having red hair. Or freckles. OR being pale. Sure it'll get some stick for it at school, but I'm pretty sure me and OH will teach it to ignore and laugh it off!

I don't think we look too creepy! :winkwink:

I have no problem with people with ginger hair, i would just hate for it to be another thing my child could end up bullied for.. I used to dye my hair bright red, my couson has very red/ginger hair and we used to say we wish we could swap hair since she wanted brown hair.

A child can learn 'differences' from nursery, day care, school, the park. Anywhere. They could even pick it up from people yelling on the street. They will begin to distinguish from one another once a group of them are put together. And ginger IS in fact a major bulls eye for many children. Carrot top, ginger dragon, ect ect. You cannot say a child will never learnt to tell the difference in people until they learn it from their parents.

I totally agree with you that these differences can be learned from anywhere, I guess I just wrote what I was thinking wrong. What I was implying is that we, as parents, should encourage our children to be accepting of everyone regardless of the way they look. It's up to us as adults to shed old stereotypes and treat others respectfully. That is the behavior that we can teach our children. Maybe I am imagining some sort of utopia, but truely believe we are all made beautifully. I grew up outside of Detroit and was, and still am, shocked by the way suburban people describe anyone who lives in the city. It is a shame that anyone could treat anyone poorly because of the way they look.

Also you and your OH are very attractive, not creepy.:thumbup:

My husband had 2 ginger children from his 1st marriage neither him nor his ex wife are ginger..

its a ressesive gene. If you both carry the gene then you will have a ginger baby even if neither of you arent. (they both had history of ginger in their family)

Red hair appears in people with two copies of a recessive gene on chromosome 16 which causes a mutation in the MC1R protein.

i think thats horriable saying that about red hair babies my nearly 7 month old has red hair nor me or my partner have red hair but it runs in my family

she is stunning with the red hair and she suits it and people always coment on how lovely of colour of hair she has.

My 2 best friends are both Ginger and all of their children have various shades of Ginger hair and they are all beautiful. When growing up I didn't like the thought of having a red haired baby but if it were to happen now I'd just be grateful that the baby was here safe and well and perfect. If they don't like it when they are older they can always dye it.

Children with red hair are super cute in my opinion. :) xx :winkwink:

Lol!! I thought I was the only one who has thought about this! I've got strawberry blonde hair so not carrot ginger but there's still some there!! My oh says he's going to dye the babys hair forever if its ginger! Haha!! I dnt mind being a ginger lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back