• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Ginger root powder?

Adela Quested

Reaction score
Anyone taken ginger root powder for nausea? I will be checking with my GP before doing so, but wanted to know if anyone here had experience with it.

I was going to make tea from the root itself if I got ms, and actually bought a root but so far no ms! I am pretty sure its fine, although I believe you can take too much so I would maybe check what quantity of powder would be appropriate incase its concentrated(??)

Good luck, XX

Yeah I read on the Canadian health site Motherisk that up to 1000mg per day was considered perfectly safe, based on the fact that diets in some parts of the world regularly contain this amount. My tablets are 550mg and recommend one per day ... I have read that (as with so many things) too much ginger root can increase the risk of miscarriage, but one of these tabs per day should be fine. I'll ask my midwife but I expect she'll laugh at me :)

You are SO lucky not having much MS - for the most part I have been fine but every now and then (like today) it just wipes me out and I can't move from bed, it's horrible. Of course I'm grateful to be pregnant but feeling deathly ill is not at all fun, whatever the reason! :winkwink:

I am sorry you are feeling so poorly.

I know I am lucky. I get at most 15 mins of mild nausea when I get up. My mum didnt have ms either so I wonder if its genetic.

I do get disconcerted at my lack of symptoms though. Damned if you do, damned if you dont!

Good luck with the ginger, I have a smootie every more with a hint of ginger and think its lovely, and I believe that it has other health benefits so I would go for it. Good luck and I hope the ms subsides.

I have also heard ginger biscuits are useful, if you can get them in the Netherlands?? XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"