Girls name trouble

bobster

2 perfect boys & 1 gorgeous girl
Reaction score
so I’ve always found boys names quite easy- I liked Walter and Harry if this was a boy. We’ve been told it’s a girl though and I’m completely flummoxed.

I like traditional names and I’m not bothered about them being common. I like normal spellings and not too modern. Also Sue has to be in there somewhere to honour both of our mums and I also like Alice as a middle name. It’s also to go with a B surname.

This is my shortlist of names so far;

Lily Alice Sue
Holly Alice Sue (hubby not so keen)
Sophie Alice Sue

Hubby likes; Lottie Sue

Last edited:
I'm biased towards Lily lol I also like Sophie and think it flows nicely with the middle names. :)

Thanks clair I think it will definitely be between lily or Sophie. We’ve liked those names since we first got pregnant with no1. It’s so hard choosing a name isn’t it. I guess we’ll have to see what she looks like :)

so I’ve always found boys names quite easy- I liked Walter and Harry if this was a boy. We’ve been told it’s a girl though and I’m completely flummoxed.

I like traditional names and I’m not bothered about them being common. I like normal spellings and not too modern. Also Sue has to be in there somewhere to honour both of our mums and I also like Alice as a middle name. It’s also to go with a B surname.

This is my shortlist of names so far;

Lily Alice Sue
Holly Alice Sue (hubby not so keen)
Sophie Alice Sue

Hubby likes; Lottie Sue

Sophie Alice Sue sounds lovely.

Lily, Sophie, and Holly are all nice choices -- I like all 3!

Additional suggestions:

Elizabeth -- nn. Ellie (or Ellie Sue)
Avery
Abigail -- Abby
Josephine -- Josie
Lacey

All the names are lovely!

If your DH like Lottie Sue have you thought of Lonnie Sue or Lettie Sue? Very similar but more options.

They are lovely. Thought of a new name today which is contending with Lily... Thea.

What do you think of Thea Susan

I like Lily and Holly, although I am biased as I have a Holly!

I love Thea, it's a fave of mine and it goes lovely with Susan. It's cute but also a name that fits well for a teenager and a grown woman xx

I think that all 3 are beautiful... my only hangup is that “Lily Alice” is a mouthful to say together... I know ppl hardly ever have to say their middle names, but that’s what I’m hearing out loud.

I think Sophie Alice Sue has a beautiful ring to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->