Girls Names

CharlieP

Mum to Charlie
Reaction score
Hi...I know its been done before but I'm stumped on girls names after finding out we are expecting a girl at our anomoly scan on Tuesday...

I would like something distinct, but not overly "out there", something not too common, quite grown up, but not old fashioned...Big ask, eh? any ideas? x

Hmmmmmmm

When are you due?? If July like me, I like Ruby.... but that is kind of old fashioned.

I like Sophie or Sophia. Makena, Makenzie and Makayla.

Brooke, Brenna, or Brynn. Chloe is cute. And Ansley, Addision, Adyline. And Delani....

LOL! Wonder what I am having???? If its a boy then I'm doomed because I can't find one boy name that I love.

Good Luck!!!

hmm i dunno what you like but the names that were on our list before we found out bub was a boy are -

Esme
Elise
Kadee
Maci
Charley
Kyra
Mollie
Milly
Maisie

I'm due 12th June. We have a few babies between me and my brothers so George, charlie, Matilda (Tilly), Sophie, Evie and Megan are out...

I had Harry for a boy - I hadn't even really thought about girl's names!!

Aww 12th june is my DD bday, she is Aimee.
All the names your family already has are lovely and traditional with out being too common

BexyD - thats what i think - nice names, without being ordinary or weird if you know what I mean. Thats what I'd like for this baby.

I quite like Maggie but not sure my husband agrees! He likes Emily (I like it too but not keen on shortening to Em, which people will obviously do) and Elena (I don't in case she gets called smelly ellie)... I think too much about names - I have an unusual name and have hated it so keen for my baby to have a nice name whicvh is liked by all, but not too common so she has 5 friends called it as well.

BexyD - thats what i think - nice names, without being ordinary or weird if you know what I mean. Thats what I'd like for this baby.

I quite like Maggie but not sure my husband agrees! He likes Emily (I like it too but not keen on shortening to Em, which people will obviously do) and Elena (I don't in case she gets called smelly ellie)... I think too much about names - I have an unusual name and have hated it so keen for my baby to have a nice name whicvh is liked by all, but not too common so she has 5 friends called it as well.

All of those are very nice, esp MAggie and Elena, not weird enough to have never been heard of, but not common enough for many (if any) others to have same name.
I wouldnt worry about smelly ellie etc, youll prob find you worried for no reason and if kids are cruel enough to want to say things like that they'll find a way in any name, hair colour etc

Im not sure if i worded that all right, it was meant as a compliment lol!

Here's my list of girls names

Olivia-grace
Millie
Maisie
Mia
Madeline
Pheobe
Sophia

And our boys names

George Thomas

We only have 1 boys name lol

My sister just had a baby girl last August. She has a French surname so wanted something that would go with it, and they chose Sibylla Siren...really unusual and while it got a few odd looks at first now we all think it suits her little cherub perfectly.
Her step-daughter's name is M'liette Blue.

i just love the name esme and that what our baby is going to be called if she is a girl

i also love charys (pronounced karis)

Aslin, Arianna, Alexa, Amelia
Belinda, Cassidy, Carra, hayden, lara

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583