Girls... Was this an early EARLY misscarriage?!

P

Pancha67

I visited the doctors as this week I have had a very heavy heavy period (tmi coming up!)

I am on Microgynon and normally my periods are 3-4 days and very light in brown colour. I finished my last pill last Friday and I came on this Tuesday. This period was bright bright red fresh blood (which I am not used to) I have had back pain and really bad nelly cramps which I am also not used to.

I took my pill packets back to back last and this month which I know can cause a heavy period. I have done this before and never had a heavy period in fact it's normally lighter!

I went to the docs this morning and she suggested it could either be the pills being taken back to back but because I have never had a period like this before she suggested it may of been a very early miscarriage...I was shocked as this hadn't even passed my thoughts :(

What are your thoughts? I had no symptoms that I can remember...:nope:

I've had this as well. There's no way to be sure. It might just be an aberration from your usual period or it might have been a very early miscarriage. I had a bloodtest done which showed no pg hormones at all. At the time the fact that it might be a miscarriage hadn't crossed my mind either. When I heard it afterwards I was very surprised. I wasn't sad though as I had never felt pregnant and my OH said we should just see it as a sign everything is in good working order.

I wouldn't assume early miscarriage unless you had a bfp. Usually with very early miscarriages you dont get very heavy bleeding anyway ( I worked in emergency so have seen MANY miscarriages).

I wonder why they didn't do a hormone level check. I feel sad. But. Only really because I am shocked and I didn't expect her to say it. I wouldn't of tested unless my period was late as it was the time my normal period was meant to come so I guess will never know.

It might be better to never know, If I was you I'd think of it as some freak of two packets and not give much thought to out again, easier to move on that way...

That's what I was thinking of until the Doctor mentioned that.

Now I don't like not knowing if it was or not but I will do my best to try and put it out of my mind and move on

I think that was really bad fo the doctor to say. She had nothing to base it on and saying it will only make you think "what if??" and feel upset at the prospect.
It is definitely most likely that the unusual period was caused by running the pill packets together. I used to run mine occasionally when I was first on the pill and although it didn't normally change my period I did have a couple which were as you describe- heavy, painful, bad craps in my back. I also lost large clots. I was still a virgin so there was no way it was a chemical/early misscarriage.
You have been on the pill so your chances of it being a misscarriage are very low (obviously pill accidents do happen but if you didn't miss any of your pills and weren't sick or on medication which makes the pill less effective then it is very unlikely that you'd fall pregnant) and the fact that you didn't miss a period or have any signs of pregnancy really make it almost certain that it wasn't a misscarriage.

Eleanor thank you for the reply. And thank you all.

She was so relaxed how she said it. And for someone who really wants children this really has made me sad. I am ill at the moment too so I dont really need the extra stress/worry and sadness. I am going to try and stay positive and tell myself it was a result of taking it back to back... and try and focus on the positive of when we are going to start trying for our baby :)

I too am shocked your doctor said anything. When i had a chemical pregnancy i only knew because i'd had a positive test, not because my period was any different. I really think running the packs together is much more likely and i hope you can find peace with that explanation :hugs:

Ive been on the pill on and off for over six years and there has been random times where I have had an awful withdrawal without it being an early pregnancy. Il try not to think about it and I dont think your doctor should have said that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->