Give my baby a sibling or no?

Mimzy3

Reaction score
My son just turned one yesterday and I will stop breastfeeding soon. My period has not returned since before I got preg. but I assume once I stop breastfeeding it will. Hints my fertility will come back.

And I can't make up my mind if I want another baby or not. Right now no way... I think it would be way to hard to take care of them. Especially at night time. My son still needs to be rocked to sleep every night. I know a mistake I made :wacko: but I work all day and enjoy that extra snuggle time at night with him before bed. But then I think I do want him to have a sibling. I know how much I cherish having a big sister. And I would want them to be close in age. Last time it took my body a year to get my fertility back once I stopped BC pills. So I don't really want to try that form of BC again. But honestly the other implants and such scare me. It took some trying for me to become preg the first time around so I think maybe I'll just keep doing what we have been doing "not trying not preventing" and see what happens. But then I have mini panic attacks when I think of the fact I COULD become preg again. I

I'm all confused on what to do?!?!?!?! :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Ultimately, only you and your OH can decide this. Sit down and really think about what you want and if it makes sense for your current situation. I always say, follow your gut!

As pp said it's really up to you and your OH. I grew up as an only child and it would have been nice to have a sibling. I had lots of friends growing up, but those friends have come and gone. It would have been nice to have a sibling, because they are there for life.

Remember that even if you got pregnant now you have 9 months before LO number 2 would be born. Chances are that in 9 months your son won't need to be rocked to sleep then. When I fell pregnant with DD my DS was 1 and still waking up most hours at nigt. By the time DD was born he was only up 1-2 times a night, sometimes sleeping through. He was still a baby when she was conceived but a propper little boy by the time she was born. It is a big decission to make for sure. Sometimes it helps to think about the long term rather than the baby years. When you think of your son growing up do you want him to have a sibling? Would you like another child too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"