Giving birth after a Miscarriage???-Updated Post#22 Page 3

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
Hi girls.
Do you know how they say that labor and delivery usually progress quicker after the first pregnancy? Well, since I MCed does that mean there is a chance that my labor and delivery wont be as long as a typical first time labor? I realize that when I MCed (naturally) that i didn't push out anything big, but i did read that when you go through a MC naturally that your body still dialates to 10 cm and the contractions are basically the same as in a "normal birth". With that said, is it more likely that i will have a labor and delivery more similar to subsequent births, or will it be more similar to a first timer giving birth? I realize that you wont be able to say for sure, but what are your thoughts? :shrug:

I don't know. This is my 6th pregnancy. I have two children. Both my children were born by c-section, but I went through some labour first. I guess maybe it depends on how far along the pregnancy was before m/c?

8+3.
So obviously not huge, but compared to the size of a cervix...lol

Some women are pretty quick for their first. A co-worker of mine gave birth before her husband came back from parking the car. That was her first!!! Scary!

Wow!
I hope mine is quick...maybe not that quick, but close to it LOL

When i was going through the contractions part of the MC the DH communicated with the on-call doctor over the phone, and the doctor said that i would be going through with contractions (until the baby passed) for at least 4 hours...needless to say it only took 1 hour! So i hope thats good news! Guess kegals really do pay off!

Really? Gosh, I was in agony for days. I wished I had a D&C because it was really bad. I would probably have a really slow labour. But, to make up for it, I cook my babies fast. My son came 2 weeks early. My daughter came 3 weeks early.

Had 6 natural miscs before our first daughter, had to be induced and ended up with an emergency section! She was just not coming out!

I never thought you'd dialate to a ten! Wow..I had a natural m/c with my first m/c, stayed home, it was just like labor, only lesser..I was 8 weeks, baby was 7 and no hb. Right before with these guys, I got a positive test, but just had a bad feeling. Then next day, whammo...started bleeding..very early loss..Then, twins! That was weird!

i had a mc a few months before i fell pregnant with my son.. my labour and delivery was fast 4 hours from first contraction to the placenta being out, 2hours at home and 2hours in the mat unit.. Some people deliver fast and others dont :shrug:

After i had given birth speaking to a mw she said "you younguns always seem to have it so easy and fast" i did not no if to take offence or not so i just said nothing :dohh:

I have been through 3 mcs and all naturall and going through labour would be totally different and more painfull

I have been through 3 mcs and all naturall and going through labour would be totally different and more painfull

Yes, it is. I have had three natural m/c's, and two babies. Even though my babies were born by section, I went through labour first...and I don't think there is anything quite like it that's for sure. My m/c never came close, however, I was only in the first trimester.

I was told when I had my m/c that you did not dilate at all really... your cervix opened slightly to let the foetus pass, but not that much more than your normal period. I had cramps and some pain but it was nothing compared to labour... it was pretty quick though 12 hours from onset to delivery and it was my first.

How long does the "typical" first labor & delivery last for? :shrug:
Is it 12 hours? 24 hours? What exactly is "typical"?

I use that term lightly as i know anything can happen in labor. :thumbup:

I am not sure. For my son, I had an emergency section right away...was only 2cm. My daughter I was in labour for hours before I realized it (she was so early I thought it was intestinal pains). I am sure *I* would have been a looong time. LOL!

i was 10cm before i knew i was even in labour! i dont thin there is a link between previous miscarriages and length of labour.

At 9.30pm i was posting on B&B, ice cream in hand, about an odd wind-like pain and asking if this was something new i'd have to put up with.
At 6am i had my baby!:rofl:

I had a miscarriage and than had 25 hours of labour with my daughter that ended in an emergency c-section. :dohh:

I mc at 7 weeks and it was nothing like real labour... LOL... I dont recall contractions really either. But maybe since the mc was my second pregnancy it was different?

I dont know, some people have longer labours the second time they give birth, some have shorter ones.

It might work that way for some, but the general rule for labor is that the baby pushes the path for the next baby. Doesn't really have anything to do with dialating. Hunter was my first baby after my mc and it was a 27 hour labor.

My miscarriage i only had what i assume to be contractions for 30 minutes and may of been less. I think its probably later on loss's or pregnancys that make a difference. Even then its varys fro person to person

Well, i talked to my mother (who has given birth 5X- never MCed though) but she said no matter how many times she has given birth, EVERY birth has been VERY different. So i guess there really isn't a "typical birth sequence". I was her 4th baby and even that was a 24 hour labor, but my brother was her first baby and that was only a 4 hour labor. So im starting to think that the baby decides. Not subsequent babies or prior babies, but the baby that is the one we will give birth to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"