Giving up temping...

kittiecat

Mum to Noah & Ella
Reaction score
Any other ladies on here decided to give up on temping? There were parts to it I loved like knowing when I ovulated and that I did ovulate and the element of control it gave me but it has also stressed me out so much. Last cycle I had a great chart and I was convinced I was pregnant but AF arrived with my temps still being up and I spent each day of the tww obsessing over my temps. I want to try and relax as I'm hoping that will help me get my bfp so I've decided to see if abandoning temping helps me with that. I will still use opks so I have an idea of my fertile time but that is it.

So are any of you other ladies abandoning temping in hopes that it will lead to a more relaxed you and a bfp. Or any ladies on here who have in the past given up temping and then gotten their bfps? Interested to hear thoughts on this x

I gave up temping a few months ago but mainly because it wasn't working for me. I have PCOS so it just kept reminding me that I wasn't ovulating. Now that I'm on meds and getting an O, I started temping again. I've only been back a month and already feel like I wanna throw the thermometer. Last cycle I was obsessed with it. Every time my temp dropped in the TWW I would totally freak and then it would go back up and I was full of hope again. Temping is like it's own roller coaster ride.

I love temping so I'm no help there :haha: though it can definitely get :sad2: toward the end of the TWW. For some ladies it's just not it worth it. I've known women that like to know when they O'd and such but temping beyond that was stressful so they just temped to confirm O then walked away. That might work for you since you like to know when you O'd? Maybe take a month off temping, see if that feels any better or if it makes you just as crazy or crazier. If so, maybe try the temp to O then leave it be. Whatever you decide will be the least annoying and stressful is absolutely what you should do. GL! :dust:

I like temping but I'm starting to obsess over my temps and its driveing me mad I've thought about giveing up but since I don't know whether I ovulate I need to carry on xx

I decided to take a break from temping a few cycles ago. I thought that would lower my stress level. I decided not to use opk's either that cycle. My temping and opks were actually stressing out my DH so we decided to try just BDing every day and just letting it happen on it's own. HA!!! I was so much more stressed out without temping! I felt so lost not knowing what was going on with my body! Eventually I ended up going out to the dollar store and buying OPKs without telling my husband and making sure to hide all the evidence. I knew he would be mad that I went back on our deal of a stress free cycle. But I just hated not knowing! It drove me crazy! I also bought a few HPTs without telling DH so I could test before AF, but the witch showed up right on time.

I went back to temping the next cycle. I just couldn't handle it. I've learned not to analyze my temps in the TTW. Almost every cycle I have a triphasic chart, or an implantation dip, and I'm still not pregnant. So I make sure not to read into my temps past confirming O so that I don't get my hopes up. I just keep temping because I at least feel like I'm doing something. AF came last cycle with my temp still way high and a perfect triphasic chart. Oh well. Moving on.

I definitely couldn't stop using the opks. They are my compromise with my OH :lol:. If I miss it that much then next month I may just temp to confirm O and when I get my crosshairs just stop. I'll see how I feel. x

I stopped temping after the second cycle, I was totally obsessed with it and it was stressing me out. I found after I stopped I was much more relaxed and wasn't constantly reminded. I just used POK's and this month is my first trying the CBFM, hope it works!

When I first started temping I would read into each dip, spike and so on. However, I have grown to love the charting and it helps give insight to what my body is doing. It also shows my doctor (when I return in May) that we ARE trying beyond just BD'ing ever so often and it gives her insight on what my body is doing as well. A necessary evil I'd say...

FX & baby dust/juice and all that jazz to you ladies!

I gave up on temping a while back. It was just way too stressful; I was reading too much in to each temperature dip, triphasic chart and symptom. I'm much more chilled and happy without temping and charting! My charts were always "textbook" and still no BFP. I think it's best to just DTD and try to relax.

Yea, I'm giving up temping too. I know at some point I ov...its too stressful. This month my temps were wierd, even tho I took them exactly same time, vaginally etc, then I had an hsg last Wednesday, and I have been crampy n spotting since. I can't bother. My obgyn told me temps are unreliable, although I have seen clear shift, so at the very least it proved ov for me...at this point I'm done! The more I fret the more emotional and annoyed I get. Temping is not helping me right now.

Yeah I just feel it's not worth the stress now. I'm confident I ovulate and that's enough for me. It seems to vary between FSs how much notice they take of people's charts anyway from what I here. I think they still run a lot of the same blood tests etc anyway. Obv though someone please correct me if I'm wrong ther.

But atm I just don't feel I gain anything from charting except from stress and false hope x

Yeah I just feel it's not worth the stress now. I'm confident I ovulate and that's enough for me. It seems to vary between FSs how much notice they take of people's charts anyway from what I here. I think they still run a lot of the same blood tests etc anyway. Obv though someone please correct me if I'm wrong ther.

But atm I just don't feel I gain anything from charting except from stress and false hope x

It's true....when I think how it makes me obsessive symptom spot when in reality the plain truth is I felt nothing until I started vomiting my life away with my last 4 pregnancies! But now every little thing I'm second guessing then getting that big emotional let down when af comes.

I like temping, one thing for sure though, once I see my ovulation temp shift I just write my temps down and put them on the chart once I get af. I think it is good to know whats going on, but not good to worry about what they are doing. Once you have o'd you know you have done all that you can do so whatever will be will be, staring at temps, or taking loads of hpt before af in the 2ww is not going to change the outcome! and will rarely give you the answer. It's just torture.

Next month I may use it just to confirm O but right now I feel happy with my decision as I'm a lot more chilled which has to be good for baby making :) x

Next month I may use it just to confirm O but right now I feel happy with my decision as I'm a lot more chilled which has to be good for baby making :) x

Yeah def, whatever is going to lessen the stress I say do! Also, sometimes once I see ewcm I just temp from then until I get the rise, so the stress of it is only for like a week! It's pretty reliable too. Something to consider down the track if you ever feel the need. So many people have said once they stop stressing it happens :)

I temped for one month...that's it. And that was enough for me. It's too obsessive for me. I was too stressed out. I know there are benefits to doin it. But I look at it this way...if your pregnant, knowing what your temperature is isn't going to change that. It helps to determine it but it's not worth it for me.

You are not alone.

I gave up temping for same reason as you ladies. Stresses me out way too much!

im thinking of switching to vaginal temping next cycle as my temps orally have been all over the place.. i have found on days my temps drop i have slept with mouth open ect and everything can affect it gggrrrr

im thinking of switching to vaginal temping next cycle as my temps orally have been all over the place.. i have found on days my temps drop i have slept with mouth open ect and everything can affect it gggrrrr

does sound like vaginal temping might be a good idea in that case! :thumbup: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->