• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Giving up work

Helen

ICSI Twins + miracle BFP
Reaction score
I'm seriously thinking of packing in work earlier than I intended. I had planned to work to 34.5 weeks which would be the end of May, but frankly I'm exhausted. I can't get comfy at my desk, going up and down the stairs is killing me and I'm fed up with what I'm doing. I'm not doing any "proper" work just gearing other people up to cover me plus I'm getting hacked off with my employers and having to argue with them about stuff they're doing wrong.

I have a load of holidays left to take (3 weeks) which I was going to start with and then start my maternity leave when that ran out. As it was those 3 weeks took me up to nearly 38 weeks by which time I could be on leave anyway if the babies appear before then. I worked out this morning that I could finish on 4th May instead with a bit of juggling around and my maternity leave would only start 2 weeks earlier than I'd originally planned.

DH isn't keen though, cos he thinks I'll just be bored lazing around at home cos I can't do much but I would just like to be able to have a nap in the afternoon if I need one and a bit of a lie in in the morning and potter round doing a bit of nesting/housework. I've only been back two days and I'm knackered! Been asleep this evening for an hour, but the trouble is, sleeping at that time of the evening kinda messes up sleeping at night.

What would you do?

Go to the doctor and get him to sign you off. mine did that when i felt i could no longer cope. Also i wasn't allowed to use holiday untill the end of my maternity leave, not the beginning as you accrue days as you work and as i wasn't working i could only take them at the end of my leave.

Don't push yourself its not worth it - enjoy so rest n relaxation whilst you can - as you won't have time to blow your nose soon!

I'd seriously give up if your that tired, belive me there are things to do hun one thing you won't be is BORED!
Your unlike most of us on here are having twins ... they coulld well be here in the next 6wks if not earlier so you should really be at home putting your feet up and storing up the rest!!!

I would give up work sooner rather than later, get everything in check ready for the twins to arrive and spend sometime doing things YOU want to do ... have time to yourself so to speak, read some books (which is what i do't get to do much of anymore) soak up the sun and relax!

xxx

I took my maternity leave at 28 weeks, i had SPD and really struggled to get into work.

Don't push yourself hun, you could be doing more harm than good- make the most of the rest because when the twins come there will be non of that! :hugs:

I'm finishing on 4th May (in 3 weeks time :happydance: ) and taking 3 weeks holidays so my Mat pay will kick in around my due date giving me that little bit of extra time off.

I'm fine at the minute though as I just sit on my fat backside and it's one of our companies Financial Year Ends so I'm pretty busy too not just doing boring stuff which it sounds like you're doing...the day must be dragging so much for you. Nothing worse than showing other people what to do.

I want to be able to have a few weeks to myself, to go shopping, catch up on some reading, do some nesting and having afternoon sleeps to prepare my body for what's to come. I want to be as relaxed and chilled as possible.

If I was you I'd go for it, I doubt very much that you'll be bored, there's always the housework :winkwink:

Charm X

I'm sure I'd find loads to do. I'd quite like just to be able to have a lie in to catch up on the sleep I'm not getting at night, have a nap in the afternoon, go for a few little walks, make tea for DH, etc.

Had a really bad nights sleep the night I posted this, 4 hours max (I know things will get a lot worse on sleep when the babies appear) and really struggled at work. Tears in the morning before I left and then tears at work as well! Thankfully I managed a lie in this morning and got 11 hours in total (bliss!). DH still thinks it's a bad idea to finish so early, but I've decided that that's what I'm definitely doing. 3 weeks to go then :happydance: which would involve getting signed off by the docs for a week. I have hardly any sick pay left this year as I took loads when we were having the IVF treatment and so can't take more than a week sick. Could always push H & S rep to insist I be suspended for health and safety reasons....on full pay!!!

Glad tyou made the right decision to suit you, i personally think tis the right one for a number of reasons, like i have said those babies could be here with in the next 4- weeks on wards!!!

Just keep relaxed and look forward to finishing early!
xxx

I'd finish now Helen - Hope 3 weeks pass for you quickly.

Carrying 2 bubba & I'm sure your not going to go the whole 9 months? ... Get some much needed & deserved lie in's & your afternoon naps :dance:

How could you get bored being a lady of leisure for a few weeks? TAKE THE CHANCE NOW :rofl:

I agree, why put yourself through that. Growing people is bloody hard work.

Just a query though - at my work if I was signed off through anything pregnancy related after a certain time then my maternity automatically kicked in. Not sure if your place is the same.

my doctor was quite good with teh whole *related to pregnancy illness* he just signed me off with stress (caused by work ;) ) n tehy cant touch u 4 tht!!!!! :headspin:

I go off next week, can't wait, keep getting home with ankles like balloons and bad back :hissy:

Hi Beanie

That automatic start to maternity leave is if you are ill from 36 weeks onwards. I'll be on with my leave by then anyway so it won't affect me.

Helen how far do they think you will get to with twins?

Doc said 38 weeks max. Apparently at 34 weeks they're "cooked" and anything after that is a bonus.

So 34 weeks...hmmm...5 weeks away!!! :argh: :rofl:

Awww how exciting though :dance:

And the first BnB twins :dance:

Did you find out if blue or pink?

No 2 girls WOMEN RULE THE HOUSE

:muaha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member