Giving up :(

MissWhite91

Reaction score
Although this may sound a bit defeatist, I really am starting to give up :( I suppose it's really hard when you want something that bad. It seems to be taking forever and I really empathise with people who cannot concieve or it has taken years for them and I apologise if this sounds selfish. I just get my hopes up so much that I can't really think of anything else! After going to the doctors last week and her saying it could be IB I'm kind of hopeful but too scared to take a pregnancy test just incase it's BFN. Just feeling very low atm. FX I guess!

I can relate been trying for 16 cycles no luck so far hope you get your BFP soon

I know it's hard sometimes but please don't give up. I've been trying for 5 years now and there have been so many times when I've wanted to give up but I'm glad I never did because I know deep down that I would only have lived to regret it. You've just got to keep the faith and believe that it WILL happen for you. FXed that you aren't waiting much longer for your BFP.

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Take a break if you need to, and drop to NTNP until you're ready to full on TTC again. But never give up :)

Hi there - we had been ntnp for 6 months, and full on ttc for 6 months before I finally fell pregnant with my daughter. I physically could not imagine ever seeing a second line - I even poas'd... and threw it away! It was only my friend putting a can in the bin and seeing the second line that we realised!

I'm ttc again now, and it's bee 6 months since I had my implant out - and nothing yet (although for some reason I'm hopeful this month, despite like 5 bfn's... but not due on yet!!) and I feel much better, because I know it WILL happen.

Don't feel like it's never gonna happen - it will! I was even looking up adoption! Now I have a beautiful 18 month old daughter x

I get it that you mentally can't take it anymore, I'm sure we have all felt like that. But I wouldn't say "give up", maybe just take a break from testing, temping, stressing about BD'ing...but still have sex. You never know!

Hope you get your BFP soon!!!

Thank you all so much :) made me feel a lot better hearing your stories etc. fx for all of you aswell. Think I may drop down to ntnp for a while xxxx

I think it may have been me finally grieving over the chemical miscarriage I had last month. I didn't even know tip it was too late :( just keeping a positive mind now xx

I know how you feel. My son took 13 months to conceive and from what I know there was no real reason for it, it just happened to take so long. After cycle 12 I decided to stop opks, stop temping and just go with the flow. I took a hpt at 8dpo and didnt see anything so just forgot about it until I realised I was a day late and had AF cramps but no AF, took a test and TA-DA I was pregnant.

It will happen hun :) hopefully soon for all of us.

Wouldn't it be nice if this forum was empty because everyone got their bfp?!

I was in the same boat last month.after being convinced my cycles had returned to a normal 25 day cycle(and that the 16 day one the month before was a fluke) I had ANOTHER 16 day cycle. Now,don't get me wrong, I love B&B, but I spent the first 5 /6 months of TTC, trying to find the magic method that would erase depo from my past, I was ADDICTED. I was taking everything anyone had ever said worked.I was doing OPKs and temping(which turned out not to work for me). I was timing BD perfectly. I started to realize that obsessing over B&B message boards actually made me MORE stressed than I was in the beggining. Id log on, just browsing, then all of a sudden,it turns into "is that what I have?! Oh I hope not! Ill never have more kids if that's the case!" So this month, I dedicated myself to a relaxed NTNP approach. I stopped all OPKs, and limit myself to loggin into B&B twice a day. My relationship with my fiance is a million times better! I never realized how tense we both were all month, and how boring sex had gotten.

If we don't conceive this cycle,we will try OPKs again next month. But the break has been AMAZING!

I hope you get your BFP soon! FX for you. :)

I saw an interview recently with an OB who mentioned that couples who are "trying" are full of a stress hormone that makes it even more difficult to conceive... Which is why if you look at statistics of couples who conceive after adopting a baby and "give up", the numbers amazing.
I personally know of two couples who gave up after adopting and conceived within the same year... oops :)

It took me 16 months to conceive my son and the month I gave up and focused on other things, I conceived... We are on month 5 now ttc #2 and I am back to exercising and putting my focus elsewhere.. So far so good... I say that as I am typing on babyandbump hahaha!! Well I gotta let my stress out somewhere. Good luck hun!

Thank you all for your messages, they are really comforting and are helping a lot. Feeling rather stressed so just going to ntnp, thanks girls and fx for you all to have BFP's!! Xx

Staying positive is something I struggle with too. But don't give up, it WILL happen!!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->