Glamourizing pregnancy?? haha

aafscsweetie

mama to lily mae :) xoxo
Reaction score
I will be the first to admit that I was SOOOO MISERABLE while I was pregnant. Always complaining, always hurting, ALWAYS ready to be done! I didn't take any pictures because I thought I was the size of buckingham palace, and all I wanted to do was lay on the couch all day because I hated the way I looked and felt!! I never really felt like I was "special", never realized just how special it was to be carrying a human life!!

But now I keep telling my OH how much I miss being pregnant, and he is so confused because I hated it so much! I seem to be "forgetting" all the awful parts, lol. Now I wish I had taken pictures and enjoyed the pregnancy more, instead of taking it for granted. I really do miss being pregnant- the excitement and anticipation of "when will I go into labor?! what will she look like!?" I wish I had recognized how amazing it is to be carrying your baby, and to cherish every single one of those kicks while they are still inside you. Anyone else feel this way??

But, ohhhh, I am so in love with my daughter and so happy she is finally here :)

sometimes i miss it for sure.
i miss the feel of having a belly.
i was miserable too so.
i think it's pretty common haha

I feel exactly the same way. Because my baby came 10 days early I feel as though I missed out on the last couple of weeks. And I wished I cherished every last kick and movement.

I was the same way but now I realize it was such a beautiful thing. I was just overlooking them because I was so miserable. I love that my LO is here but to anyone pregnant I definitely tell them to cherish their pregnancy, it's an amazing thing and their LO is definitely there before they know it! Everyone told me that and I was like, "Yeah right. That's too far away!" And BAM! Baby's here!

Yes, I went into labor two weeks early so I know what you mean! But at that time, I was so glad to be going early- I felt so miserable and just wanted to be done and meet my baby! Now I wish I had had a little more time :(

and shannon, I was the same way! I would comment on people's posts on here that were saying to cherish it, always telling them that I was POSITIVE I wouldn't miss being pregnant! - but look at me now!

I feel exactly the same way. Because my baby came 10 days early I feel as though I missed out on the last couple of weeks. And I wished I cherished every last kick and movement.

JJ was 10 days early too, i kinda fel like i missed out aswel. but then again we got to meet our LO's early :happydance:

i loved being pregnant and i still miss it, even the uncomfotable bits, and the awkwardness getting out the bath lol

I absolueltey loved being pregnant!

I am happy I took far too many pictures lol, also loved the smiles you got when people would see your bump, and feeling her move :) the pro's definitley outwayed the cons, even though I went 6 days over :lol:

I miss being pregnant to! I still sometimes put my hand on my belly expecting to feel a kick. I can't wait to be pregnant again.

My friend is due in a couple of weeks and she always says she is so done with being pregnant and wont miss it at all. I just gave her a look like she is crazy and "OH TRUST ME, YOU WILL MISS IT!!!!!"

for me, it was a teen pregnancy, which is looked down on but nothing is even said. i hated going places because i always wondered what people thought. i enjoyed my pregnancy though, except i was a whale and tired all the time :)

you guys are crazy! I never want to pregnant again!:haha: (though I would love my kids I love the kid baby part) But the being a whale part I would give up happily.The only thing I liked was having my belly rubbed.

I hated pregnancy ( i did take pics tho, which i know look back on fondly!)
But MY GOD i cant wait to do it again......

Yeah I complained at the time but I really miss it! I still stroke my tummy fondly :haha: And i miss playing with my outtie :(
And i took pics every week from 17 weeks and I'm sooo glad I did!! (Sorry have to upload them, any excuse :haha: I love my bump pics)
First one is my first ever bump pic, n'awwww ;) - 17+1
Second is the day before I had him :D - 38+4
Last one is the whole pregnancy (from 17 weeks)

I had such a relaxed, lazy pregnancy (well except for all the shit with FOB, but the actual pregnancy related stuff was relaxed lol), just chilling out preparing for Noah's arrival, getting excited, buying stuff, hell of a lot of nesting :haha:, just enjoying my final bits of freedom! :lol: And it makes me sad I'll never be able to have that again, cos in any future pregnancies I'll have Noah to look after too. Makes me wish I'd appreciated it a bit more xxx

Attachments

• IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screen shot 2011-01-28 at 23.27.21.png
    Screen shot 2011-01-28 at 23.27.21.png
    310.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 27192_10150142263880317_644800316_11563936_8297350_n.jpg
    27192_10150142263880317_644800316_11563936_8297350_n.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 20
ohhhh, anna, seeing your pregnancy pics makes me soooo wish I had taken some!! :( my OH bugged me pretty much every night about taking some, but I always told him to fuck off because I felt too fat!! lol

awwww I miss my belly :(

I took pictures, but I wish I had a bigger bump like yours. My 39 week bump was like you 25 week bump

anna you had the most perfectly round bump i have ever seen! It was soo round and i thought mine was really round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->