Glasses at wedding

callmedan

Reaction score
Ok this may seem a silly issue but I need some advice and this group usually helps with most thing :)

I wear glasses every single day, all day, my vision is absolutely horrendous! I only ever wear contact lenses on holiday so I can see at the pool and when I go to theme parks, so I can see on the rollercoasters!
My dilemma is, should I wear glasses or contacts on my wedding day?
I honestly do look so different without my glasses because I wear them all the time, I actually look like a different person! But glasses aren't very weddingy and I'll havey make up done all nice, and I'm worried my glasses will cause a lot of glare and flash lights in the photos
Has anyone been in or known anyone who has been in a similar situation, or have any opinions?
I know one girl who was in a similar position and she went for lenses, but she did look very different in her photos!

Contact lenses will look better in photos, so what if u look different, I think everyone would get a nice surprise

I would wear contacts for the day, mind you really have to do what makes you feel comfortable. You can get anti glare glass to stop that happening in the photos but to be honest they are overated and I find they get dirty and smeared easily. You'll probably look different but you do tend to look extra special and different on your wedding day anyway :)

I got married in September and I wear glasses all the time. I opted for lenses as I didn't think my glasses would suit my dress (they are pretty thick framed). I made sure I wore my lenses out during the lead up to the wedding so it wasn't such a shock to people.

x

I wear glasses most of the time but opted to not wear them for my wedding. They're thick black rims and just don't fit the occasion. I also usually go with no glasses if I've spent time on my makeup because the glasses hide it to some extent.

I always wear glasses and just wear contacts for special occasions so I definitely wore contacts for my wedding! I think you should do contacts :)

thank you everyone, i really appreciate the comments! and personal experience is definitly helpful, i will go with contacts! i got engaged at disneyworld and our save the date was a picture of him asking me to marry him on a fridge magnet and i have my contacts in in that so people can just get used to that!
thank you again! this is such an ace forum xxx

For the pictures I would wear contacts but at the reception I would wear glasses.

Hmm well I wore glasses and so did my sister, as we wanted to look like ourselves at our wedding. But I've never worn contacts and have never had a desire to so I suppose it's a different situation :) if I wore contacts sometimes and for special occasions I would probably where them at the wedding too, it would look nicer in photos and with your pretty eye makeup :)

I was blind for my wedding :haha: mind you, it helped with nerves when I couldn't properly see everyone staring at me haha! I ended up wearing my glasses later in the night when everyone had had a drink. I can't wear contacts in one eye due to scar tissue (stitches in lower lid when I was 10) so I just went without. If I could have I would have went with contacts though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->