Glowing?!! A mini rant...

P

peabean

At 17 weeks I was really expecting to feel better, and wondered if anyone else, like me, is actually feeling worse?!! I've been sick almost every day since 12 weeks, having felt little more than a bit queasy in the first trimester!!

Add to that the headaches, migraines, backache, arm ache, leg ache and constant tiredness. Excuse me for having a good old moan, but where is this 'glowing healthy' stage we're told about?!

Hope some of you girls can commiserate!

im not feeling as bad as you but im def not feeling the 'glow' people go on about!

I am still awaiting the glowing stage ....some how i think it missed me out x

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Haha! This really made me laugh! I was just saying to my friend this morning that i'm only just starting to enjoy this pregnancy! I am still tired, have SPD, constant heartburn, constipation and frequent headaches - i just seem to have gotten used to them! Its hard to explain what i mean but i have started to enjoy being pregnant now i have a definate bump and people know i'm pregnant and i can feel baby move. I have disassociated the symptoms from the pregnancy somewhere along the line and i feel better for it. My SPD is just my SPD, my heartburn just my heartburn etc. Still don't feel glowing as such but in the past 2 weeks i've started to finally get on board with the idea of glowing!

Hope you feel better soon peabean! x x x :hugs::hugs:

I can! Not completely though. Luckily my ms is gone and has been since about week 14 but, I still have the chronic fatigue and definitely no pregnancy "glow"! Matter of fact my skin looks like it did back in high school, my hair is greasier(yuck!!) and I just feel so ewwy and ugly! :dohh: Though DH reassures me that I'm beautiful(he's biased though! haha) So I know what you mean. Not fun and definitely not ideal!
Hope the MS gets better for you soon though!! :hugs:

I think the glow bypassed me too....

I was sick throughout the first Trimester. Now at almost 24 weeks I have:

painful constipation
back ache
disturbed /no sleep
constant lethargy
emotions I am unable to control and that are likely to change on an hourly basis.

and definitely no glow... it seems as I progress through each stage of pregnancy I merely replace one set of annoying symptoms for another different but equally annoying set of symptoms.

oh and I forgot to mention swollen ankles if I am standing or alking around for longer than 30 minutes...

Oh i forgot the uncontrolable emotional outbursts, no sleep and swollen ankles..forgot the swollen arse and thighs too if i'm honest...! x x x

Oh yeah, I forgot the emotional torrent going on at almost all times and the insomnia on top of the fatigue. :dohh: Oy! Those of you who have me on facebook saw a taste of the emotion part this weekend in my statuses. :blush:

Oh yes, I have constant nausea for the whole prenancy every time and this time is no different. Im 18 weeks tomorrow and expect to throw up before I do anything in the morning (if it doesnt happen I WILL let you know!!) I am incredibly tired this time too, with loads of spots. I cry at everything which can be embarrasing. I have another embarrasing problem where I produce too much saliva so have to spit out all the time, or suck sweets (great for weight control hey!!!)The thought that as soon as bubs is born it all goes away keeps me going though. Chin up

Oh did I mention bladder weakness, lol

Thanks girls, it's good to know I'm not the only one!!

I was really pushing at work to just keep going til the holiday, and then this week (first week of school hols) I've been feeling awful the whole time!! It's very hard to explain to DH that I sleep better without him in the bed, but I've been feeling so rank that I've forgotten my tact! Poor guy!!

I think you're right about the coming to terms with it Armywife, I'm hoping once I can feel baby and see a bump those things will keep me going. At the moment it all feels like an awful lot of suffering for nothing!!

DH keeps saying this baby is in so much trouble for making me feel like this, it'll be on the 'naughty step' as soon as it's born! LOL :rofl::rofl:

Oh i forgot the uncontrolable emotional outbursts, no sleep and swollen ankles..forgot the swollen arse and thighs too if i'm honest...! x x x

:rofl: hun you crack me up!! ive been told my arse hasnt got bigger just more wobbly!!

I hated the so called "glowing stage" with my other 2 pregnancies.. and am sure i will with this one.

Especially when i was feeling like shit! I mean god i had skin like a pizza, bags under my eyes and just in general looked rough, Yet people would say oooh you are glowing!

WTF i aint a light bulb! I am not glowing i look like shit.. I think its a myth all this glowing stuff :rofl:

Sorry mini rant, i'll blame the hormones :lol: :blush:

:rofl: hun you crack me up!! ive been told my arse hasnt got bigger just more wobbly!!

Haaaa! Love it! I wobble so much now! Ten minutes after i stop brushing my teeth Martin says 'You can stop wobbling now!':rofl::rofl: Cheeky git! I know my bum has got bigger, can't fit my pre pregnancy jeans past my knees! :blush: x x x

I think you're right about the coming to terms with it Armywife, I'm hoping once I can feel baby and see a bump those things will keep me going. At the moment it all feels like an awful lot of suffering for nothing!!

DH keeps saying this baby is in so much trouble for making me feel like this, it'll be on the 'naughty step' as soon as it's born! LOL :rofl::rofl:

:rofl: Thats great! Poor man! :rofl:

I had manageable sickness from week 6 - 12, then hellish sickness from 12-14 then a blissful complete break... until this week - week 18 - where I've started being sick again! So yes, I sympathise completely, and I am so jealous of women who are glowing!

Oh, I also have agonising back pain and a cold I can't get rid of...

P.S. On another forum I go on, lots of the due in September ladies have reported a return of their sickness this week, so think it's quite common unfortunately.

Can sympathise totally hun, I have had about 5 days since I was 5 weeks where i have not been sick!! I have a headache everyday and feel so lethargic its unreal. EWveryone told me it would stop at 12 weeks, then 16 weeks and now 20 weeks but guess what, its still here!!

Rest assured, it'll all be worth it :D

Hmm, I had a pretty good first trimester...Maybe two or three times of feeling a bit of m/s (a bit - if I hadn't known I was pregnant, I wouldn't have thought anything of it), and some constipation. The worst was extreme fatigue - I'd sleep 10-12 hrs and still was exhausted. I am now 17+3. All of that has improved - so if that's the "glow", I guess I've got it.
I am sure that payback for these easy first few months will be this summer; I live in a very humid climate and it will be hellish, I am sure:rofl:

I keep waiting... people give me all these milestones... it'll pass by 8 weeks, 10 weeks, 12 weeks... still waiting!! Ugh! Haven't had a good half hour since 5+3.

I'm struggling to come to terms with it too, as there's no bump, no expectant joy, no nothing... I'm just too poorly to get excited at all at the moment. So yes, my OH is putting it on the naughty step as soon as it arrives too! I've said it's up for adoption by it's grandparents for the first 4 years to give me a break! ;o)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->