Glucose in Urine-has anyone else had this

wilbrabeany

Mum to two gorgeous boys
Reaction score
Just been to MW's and there was glucose in my urine, so she took some blood to test for gestational diabeties. has anyone else had this, what does it mean if its not gestational diabeties does anyone know?

hmm, not sure hun. I'm sure it's just one of those common pregnancy probs. Hope you are ok!

I've had this a few times - inlcuding today! They tok bloods, but they were fine, so no problems.

If it does come back positive, they refer you to a dietician to discuss you diet and how to keeo the glucose steady. They also keep a closer eye on you, as it can mean bubs can grow quite big of left to it.

It's good they've picked up on it - the likelyhood is it will come back fine.

Let us know what the results are! x x

Forgot to say - mine usually follows a particularly naughty weekend of chocolate binging!!!

I had this, and was asked to go for the GTT, my results were fine from this, and since have had no glucose in urine, think it was down to like Kat said eating lots of choccy the day before

Thanks girls, i did wonder about the choc thing, my dad had a triple choc cake for his 60th and OMG i've never had anything so choclately, in fact i could eat it all it was that sickly, and i had that last thing last night so may be it was that...fingers crossed

Its normal :) The GTT is a standard procedure too that they have to follow if you show glucose in your pee. You can show glucose in your pee for days after eating something with alot of glucose in it.

I had this problem on my first pregnancy and have it again now ... My GP always test my urine everytime I got for check up and most of the time I have glucose in my urine. I have to cut down my sweets and fizzy drinks (which i love). When I came back to my GP, urine is fine so I ended up binging on sweets again. If you have it all the time they test you, they will send you for oral glucose test which is yuck. If you become positive with gestational diabetes, this means that you will have big baby and its not really good for you (us). If in the event that you develop the GDM, most likely you will have DM when you get older. Im still a devil for eating sweets tho. Trying so hard to cut down a bit... Take care!

https://www.i-am-pregnant.com/countdown/_minibaby/1230159600.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"