Glucose test due to pcos. Anyone else?

RoxyRoo

Mummy to two <3
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I've just been to see my consultant and he's booked me in for a glucose test in two weeks. He said this is standard procedure due to having pcos.

Is anyone else having this? I'm hoping it will come back clear as I'm only 25 and during the last couple of years have kept my weight under control and have a BMI of 25 :)

hiya! i have PCOS too and i have a blood glucose test at 26 weeks, its just a finger prick test were she will prick finger with a needle and put the drop of blood onto a blood glucose testing strip and the machine will work out the level in your blood, well thats what i have anyway because i refuse to have to sit and do the whole fast, wait a few hours drink a drink wait more hours whilst getting your blood taken throughout it!

i had a random blood glucose test from my first bloods taken at booking in app and that came back nicely within range.

A lot of women have them as standard, even if there is no underlying problem, Pcos, overweight etc i think docs like to be safer than sorry now lol!

sorry this probably hasnt helped in the slightest lol xx

Thanks for your reply :)

Mine is the full fasting test, where they take blood then you have to drink the syrup drink, wait for 2 hours then have more blood done :wacko: I'll have to take a good book!

Hmmm. I have PCOS and don't have the test.

I had it with my first as my BMI was over 30, but now it's under so they said this time I don't need to have it :shrug:

Im having my test later this month i dont think BMI comes into it as mine is only 24 but i do have pocs my is also a full fasting test

chele, maybe it depends on area? I'm in North Wales.
If you'd like it then maybe mention it to your midwife?

littlebopeep, don't forget to take a good book :haha:

i have PCOS and have a Glucose test at 26 or 28 weeks, had it with my last pregnancy aswell, full fasting for me to! :flower: x

Heyya! :)

I have PCOS but I think it's pretty standard here in the US to have women do the initial glucose test - my one hour came back " a little elevated" (thats what she said, never gave me a number) so now I have to go for the 3 hour but honestly she didn't seem too concerned - I just hit 27 weeks and I've only gained about 10 pounds :thumbup:

I'll have mine in 2 weeks and am a bit concerned too, cos I have PCOS and insulin resistance. Hoping and praying that I don't have gestational diabetics.

Good luck to all of your ladies for your tests, lets hope they all come back clear :thumbup:

Even I have a full fasting glucose test. My consultant ordered it after I asked for it. I am midwife lead and just met the consultant once for progestrone/ continuing-stop metformin issue(Stopped both at 16 weeks and have had no problems). My next consultant appointment is only at 40th week! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->