Glucose test - what's involved?

Dubibump

2nd Trimester
Reaction score
Hey guys

I've gotta have my goose test, what can I expect?

You just drink 8 oz of a really sugary drink within 10 minutes and an hour later have your blood drawn. Simple, easy, painless!

Someone told me you have to not pee one hr before and after .. Is that true? Not a whole lotta room in there right now!

I was allowed to do whatever I wanted, just had to be there at the one hour mark to have my blood taken.

Depends where you are I had mine Thursday they make u fast from 10 the night b4 soon as u go docs u have blood taken then they give u this awful stuff to drink then u have to sit in the waiting room and not allowed to do much at all and then 2 hours later they take your blood again

Depends where you are I had mine Thursday they make u fast from 10 the night b4 soon as u go docs u have blood taken then they give u this awful stuff to drink then u have to sit in the waiting room and not allowed to do much at all and then 2 hours later they take your blood again

Were you allowed to pee?? I'm obsessed I know, but I'm seriously going every bleedin hour!

It's all depends on how your OB wants to test. I got to do the 1 hour test and didn't have to fast if i didn't want to. I fasted anyway, just my choice. I thought the drink was yummy - mine was fruit punch. I was allowed to move around inside and outside the building. I could go to the bathroom if i wanted to, but i didn't need to until after they took the blood.

Yes I could peeNd the drink I had this time was some water with something mixed. In it was like oil at the bottom but I had my results yesterday so you get them back quick all negative so I'm happy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->