glucose test ??

letia659

mom to Jacob and Zander!
Reaction score
what are the chances of me passing the three hour diabetes test after failing the 1hr? I just got the results of the 1hr and I failed they said they wanted it to be 140 or below and mine was 190 :cry: everything was going so good in this pregnancy until now so I kinda knew in a way something like this was gonna happen so how many of you have failed the 1hr to pass the 3 hr??

From what I've read, it's actually pretty common to fail the 1hr and pass the 3hr. But I have no idea what numbers that's based on. I have my 1hr today.

From what I've read, it's actually pretty common to fail the 1hr and pass the 3hr. But I have no idea what numbers that's based on. I have my 1hr today.

good luck on yours :) my mom is type 2 diabetic so I knew I had the chance but I didnt have it with my son so thought Id be ok this time around but I am PCOS too so guess that makes it even more likely for me to have it.

what does the test involve, just out of curiousity? xxx

what does the test involve, just out of curiousity? xxx

you drink this sugary drink within 10 min and they take your blood exactly an hour afterward and get numbers mine were high so now I have to do the three hour where I go in in the morning fasting and they take my blood then I drink the stuff again and they take my blood every hour for 3 hours or thats what I gathered from it. once they get the results from that they know whether you have GD or not. hope that helps :)

thanks - not looking forward to that.... serious phobia of needles :( xxx

good luck on yours :) my mom is type 2 diabetic so I knew I had the chance but I didnt have it with my son so thought Id be ok this time around but I am PCOS too so guess that makes it even more likely for me to have it.
I have PCOS, too. Doesn't seem to be affecting anything so far, though.

Well, I failed the 1 hour test and took the 3 hour test on Tuesday. I haven't gotten my results yet, I figure they will tell me when I go back to the doctor on Monday. I'll let you know if I passed or failed. I do not know how common it is to fail the 1 hour and pass the 3 hour or how uncommon it is if that is the case. I know my mom had gestational diabetes in two of her pregnancies, so I have always known I could possible get it.

And my pregnancy was going fairly well as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->