glucose test

alphatee

MOM TO CALLUM,MACI & COBI
Reaction score
i went for my gtt test today all is is good but told seeing ive to have a c-section ive to lose weight!!!:hissy: also saw the anestitist(sp) he said i can b awake to have my c-section:happydance: im so happy as i thought i couldnt be as i have spina bifida & wasnt able to with my other 2 children,,,im so happy but so scared!! all he said was cause of my spina bifida they could be a chance it doesnt work,but aleast they will have tried!!! ill b able to see her being born as my other children were a hr old b4 i did see them,,

Thats wonderful news!! I hope it all goes well for you. It will be such a different experience this time!!!:happydance:

Great news hun, hopefully you will have a much better experience this time. It's a bit odd them telling you to lose weight though, surely they don't expect you to start dieting, as that can't be sensible for you or bubs?
xx

Great news hun, hopefully you will have a much better experience this time. It's a bit odd them telling you to lose weight though, surely they don't expect you to start dieting, as that can't be sensible for you or bubs?
xx

i thought excatly the same it cant b good but nope they said its fine i was gobsmacked to be honest i no im over weight i was b4 getting pg but i was with my other daughter & never told to lose weight!!! they want me to lose aleast a stone ill try just have to see wat happens!!

I'm really shocked! I'm overweight too, and they've found that I've got an underactive thyroid. But not once has anybody told me to try to lose weight. I think I'd punch them! lol And I'm now having a section next week.
I think as long as you eat sensibly hun, and try to stay as active as possible, you'll be fine, but please don't get too wrapped up in extreme dieting, as that can't be healthy.
xx

i wish i could b active but due to my back playing up & also my spd im virtually a invalid,ive only to eat 3 meals a day no eating at night oh & eat smaller potions!! i do this already i put on weight with my other 2 4 stone with my first & 6 stone with my 2nd my mw dont see it as a prob but the hospital do!! i cant win

Poor you. Sorry to hear you're in so much pain. Some doctors will always lecture about weight even if the patient is only slightly over the so-called "normal", and like we didn't already know about health implications. And I mean, who would actually choose to be overweight, and wouldn't want to lose a couple of excess stones if they could! Doh!
Try to stay positve hun, and just try your best, that's the most you can be expected to do. Hope it all works out ok.
xx
:hug:

Sorry about the weight thing, sounds a bit mad. But good news on seeing your baby arrive!

Great news! I think it's terrible you've been told to lose weight though xxx

Good news you can be awake for the c-section unlike the others!!
And as for asking to loos weight, mmmmmm how strange. I have had to have a GT test at 16weeks and another next friday! As my BMI is on the line between NO Action and Action and being that i've PCOS they are taking the ACTION route, which to be honest i dont mind, means extra scans at 32weeks and 36weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->