Glucose Tolerance Test

aymz1983

Reaction score
Just a wondering - what do they use these days to test this?
With my first 19 years ago I had to down what felt like the world's entire supply of lucozade (still can't drink it now!) and with my last 10 years ago it was some sort of sweet lemon fairy dish soap stuff bleurgh.
I remember with my last hearing people gagging etc because they couldn't swallow it quick enough etc which is all I can think of right now and I'm half tempted to not have it because I don't want to risk bringing it back up.... (Phobia)

Thanks!

With my daughter 6 years ago I was told I would get the horrible drink but I had orange lucozade instead but my midwife said this time round they will use one of them horrible drinks everyone talks about so not looking forward to that lol hopefully I get lucky and they give me lucozade again

Mine couple of months back was like a sort of flat irn-bru but it wasn't loads (like a typical glass of squash size) and not horrendous. Wouldn't order it in a bar but definitely easy enough to get down - and felt fine after.

With my daughter 6 years ago I was told I would get the horrible drink but I had orange lucozade instead but my midwife said this time round they will use one of them horrible drinks everyone talks about so not looking forward to that lol hopefully I get lucky and they give me lucozade again
Thanks...I'd rather have lucozade again if it meant not having the fairy liquid stuff ha

Mine couple of months back was like a sort of flat irn-bru but it wasn't loads (like a typical glass of squash size) and not horrendous. Wouldn't order it in a bar but definitely easy enough to get down - and felt fine after.
That doesn't sound as bad, I think I could cope with that :)

I had this orange drink and tbh it wasn't that bad.

I have had an orange drink that tastes like orange soda pop without the fizz. I find it's best to drink it when cold because it seems to sit better in my stomach and the worst that's happened to me afterwards is raging heartburn. But sugar gives me raging heartburn every pregnancy I've ever had so no surprises there. If you are worried about the flavor upsetting your stomach, talk to your doctor or midwife about other options. I've heard of people being able to use honey instead of the sugar drink they give you. Or there may be a different flavor you could try.

I had my first GTT done with baba #3 a few weeks back its a nasty raspberry esque flavoured drink here, it made me feel rather unwell afterwards, results negative at this stage but another GTT to follow in november due to history of it and being high risk for it again

I just scheduled mine and they recommend that I bring lemon to add because it makes it easier to drink. You could ask if they allow that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->