Glucose Tolerance Testing in first tri?

smilebig

Reaction score
Good day ladies! Came back from my first prenatal appointment yesterday with pictures of our 6 weeks little bean, a recording of his/her heartbeat, a huge lab prescription, and a ton more questions.:headspin:

One thing I forgot to ask was why the doc was sending me to get glucose tolerance testing done so soon (I thought they're usually done in early third trimester...?). Based on what I've seen online, I don't fall into any of the risk categories. I do have an autoimmune disease, so maybe that's it?

Anyone else sent for a GTT this early in their pregnancy?

When has it been arranged to be done? It's usually done around 28 weeks.

It could be because of the autoimmune.....im getting mine done before 28 weeks because i have a family history of gd.

They want it done in the next two weeks! I actually called them and the nurse said they wanted to get a GTT done during every trimester. I didn't know if that's just protocol at their office or what.

I have had GD with my last 2 pregnancies so it will just be presumed that I will have it with this one too. Last time I saw my diabetes midwife from 16 weeks and was on insulin pretty much from then. Luckily I don't really crave sweet stuff when pregnant which is a relief!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->