Gluten Free Cupcakes

i dabbled with gluten free desserts for a while. very complicated as they require more ingredients like xantham gum and alternative flours. have you tried baking them yet? let me know how they turn out

Was just going to substitute self raising flour with Gluten Free Self raising flour.No idea what they will come out like though...

hi i cant have wheat so i use the wheat free flour you can get and put some baking powder in the flour to make them rise.

not sure on the Gluten free weather its any different!

if u want recipe i will send u it hun

i going to make some now and then normal ones for hubbys work mates too xx

Here you go hun!!!

ingredients for the cupcakes

125g unsalted butter , softened
125g caster sugar
2 eggs beaten
125g Doves Farm Self Raising flour
half a tea spoon on baking power
2 tbsp semi skimmed milk ( up to u if you want to add this)
1 tsp vanillia extract ( again up to you)

Making the Cupcakes

1)in a large bowl beat in the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy

2) whisk in the beaten eggs a little at a time, adding a spoonful of the flour to prevent the mixture curdling

3)using a metal spoon to gently fold in the remaining flour and then add milk and vanilla

4) place cupcake cases in a bun tin and divided the mixture between them.

place on gas mark 5/190C/373F for about 15-20 mins

leave to cool before icing

would u like the butter cream icing recipe or are u ok with that one hun ??

xx enjoy i sure do and hubby loves the wheat free ones he says they are not to heavy which is good

xxx

Thankyou very much.I'm fine to do buttercream thanks i will give that recipe a go. xxx

Becci_Boo is that wheat and gluten free? I have a friend who cant have either and is realyl missing her cakes so was gonna make her some. Would that recipe be ok ?

Yes use that! i cant have wheat or gluten so its brilliant :) I'm just about to make some more now :)

Happy Baking :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"