Goals before ttc

tkeith8109

Reaction score
So my husband and I have been so back and fourth about having a 3rd baby. Honestly he would be perfectly happy with just the 2 we have, but after a long talk he finally told me that he wouldn't mind another baby, but he was worried about the financial aspect of it. We're moving this week into a 3 bedroom, so that part was checked off our list and now he wants to pay off some debt. So, we decided that once we pay off half of our credit cards we can start trying! I am so over the moon about this. I think it's the perfect compromise and should only take about 6 months, which is when I really wanted to start ttc anyways. I am so excited and happy that he has finally opened up and told me what he wants to see happen. So, ladies what are your goals before ttc??? Other than half of our credit cards I also want to lose about 20 pounds if not more. Guess I need to get on it!

TCC baby #3 this fall!

Get rid of AF and my nasty cold. My coil is coming out on Thursday :happydance:

We want to pay off one of our two cars and put something into savings. Personally I want to lose a dress size to be a uk 10/USA 6 and work my abs so I have a better chance of regaining my shape after bubba is born xx

Since I'm starting right away...

1. Try to lose what weight I can while trying.
1a. Eat better. I eat decently already since we do most of our cooking ourselves (both reputedly excellent in the kitchen) but I know I don't eat enough vegetables.
2. Work on getting into better shape.
2a. Focus on being healthy more than overall weight

I am definitely overweight but I have not crossed into obese territory. If there's anything I've learned it's that even a small amount of sweets seems to pack the pounds onto me, although eating healthy food in moderation helps me maintain. I've struggled to lose for years though, and I've decided not to worry too hard about the scale so long as I feel OK.

We are working on keeping an exercise routine, getting the house well organized, and finishing up remodeling the second floor of our house.

I have 2 pounds left to lose (down 68 and want to get to 70) and then just wait for AF to come and go!!

We have been waiting for nearly 2 years since DS was born. Our big goals were to sell our old house and move into our new one, get DS fully weaned, STTN and in his bed (we partial co slept). Also needed to lose weight and DH to change jobs...so happy we have accomplished our entire list (other than the last 2 lbs which I'm on track to lose by the time we start)!!

Thsee are all so awesome! We need to get our house organized too, but since we're moving this weekend it will happen then. I'm so nervous about spreading attention to another child too. That's the one thing that makes me nervous.

We are TTC in July after a friend's wedding that I don't want to be pregnant for but our goals between now and then are:
-Me to loose at least 10lbs, I'm hoping to be able to loss a stone and a half by then though.
-My OH to change jobs to one nearer to home as he currently works a two hour commute away so doesn't get to see our son much during the week,
-(this one is more of a goal for before next baby is born) to save as much money as possible to help out with when I'm on maternity leave.

Shortly after the birth of my 2nd baby I went back to uni and I still have 1 1/2 yrs left until graduation so I'm waiting until I've finished uni before ttc #3. Another goal we had was for my hubby to come off the night shifts (& stop the working away from home secondments) and we managed that 6 months ago when he was offered a new job :thumbup:
I'd like us to move to a bigger house too if we get chance but our biggest goal is my degree. I just couldn't do it with another child in the mix.

Right now I have accomplished mostly everything I want to before trying (we bought our first home last summer, I have a steady job on a permanent contract, etc.) which is why it is so hard to wait now. my only reasons are sort of silly I think. I want to fit in my wedding dress (we are getting married in July) and I want to be able to have a few drinks at the wedding and on our honeymoon. Also, we'd rather a summer or spring baby than a winter baby. It's so hard to wait when those reasons feel so trivial!

Right now I have accomplished mostly everything I want to before trying (we bought our first home last summer, I have a steady job on a permanent contract, etc.) which is why it is so hard to wait now. my only reasons are sort of silly I think. I want to fit in my wedding dress (we are getting married in July) and I want to be able to have a few drinks at the wedding and on our honeymoon. Also, we'd rather a summer or spring baby than a winter baby. It's so hard to wait when those reasons feel so trivial!

Not trivial at all, wanting to enjoy your wedding day to it's full glory is a great reason to wait. I am waiting until after a friends wedding because I'm bridesmaid, my OH is best man and our son is page boy so I am waiting until after then so I can drink and so that I don't feel ill.
Just think you don't want to be having morning sickness or feeling really run down and tired on your wedding day. Makes perfect sense to wait :)

Miss Yogi- its not trivial at all!! You only have one wedding day and its perfectly acceptable to want to fully enjoy it and your honeymoon. You never know how your body will handle pregnancy and you wouldn't want to be feeling sick or like you are missing out when you get married :flower:

Were waiting due to the wedding, last time i put on three stone EVERYWHERE not just bump, so id look like a huge whale at the wedding :haha: plus i got off easily with mmorning sickness last time but with my luck id be sick 24/7 next time.. not good if youre getting married! DD took 3 months to ttc.. so if it took the same amount of time, i would be near 40 weeks when we would be getting married too.
other reasons are, i need to finish learning to drive (35 lessons so far), we want to buy our house, i want to get into a regular exercise routine and we need to build up our savings.

I wasn't sure if I wanted a 3rd one, but my husband has since the beginning. I told him before I would even consider it I wanted to lose 125lbs, and make sure our smallest daughter was potty trained and progressing better (she's hearing impaired and needs a lot of my attention). Lol now that I am to the point where I only have 20lbs to go and potty training I gave in lol we gonna try beginning of next year

Tanya- congratulations on your weight loss! What an amazing achievement! Have you been following any specific nutritional program or just doing it on your own? I've lost 68 pounds and ideally could lose 12 more before trying...but I'm impatient so we are starting now lol.

Thank you!! I went kind of crazy because I lost that in 7months!! I did it on my own, I just basically counted calories, and ate only lean protein, fruits and veggies (and 1 cup of coffee a day lol)! I make sure to run 3-4 miles 5-6x a week. I've been a little lax with the holidays and my daughters' birthdays. So I'm back on it today. Ideally even though I've become baby crazy, I'd like to lose 20-25 more, and take my girls to Disney in November and then ttc Jan 2017! Let's hope I can kept my will power in check. And that's so awesome! 68lbs is amazing, I love to hear success stories reminds me of why I'm keeping on with my healthy lifestyle. I had gestational diabetes with my first pregnancy and decided I did not want a life of diabetes! I tell her everyday she saved my life

That is amazing! You should be incredibly peoud of yourself! I've been doing it on my own as well- my husband has a heart condition so we are strict on sodium...made all the difference. I track calories and trained and ran a couple 5ks inr the fall. Ive been going to yhr gym twice a week over the winter. I've basically been stagnant since the holidays though. Finding it so hard to get motivated to lose the last little bit. Im very happy with my weight now and figure after the next baby (most likely the last) I can really concentrate on losing the last bit.

I'm sure you'll get there, sometimes you need a break! And what better reason than to have a baby! I gained way too much with my second but my girls have each other and they are both so wonderful I try to not get too hard on myself! Same with the 3rd, I was afraid with the weight gain but if I can hit my goal then hopefully keep myself eating healthy through the pregnancy; the weigh gain will be worth the reward! Good luck and hope you get a bfp fast!

Hi everyone! im in it for the long long haul so my list is probably a bit longer than most :( so here goes...
1. Finish nursing degree (which i only start next month so thats 3 years away haha)
2. move out of OH's parents- as were here to save money whilst im training to be a nurse
3. pay off my car finance and possible trade it in for a slightly bigger more economical car
4. Maybe a ring? (i can hope eh? haha and if i do get this possible even a wedding :o )

i think thats about it :p sighh LONG way to go yet but we'll get there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->