Going away for weekend when nearly full term

xsadiex

Reaction score
Would it be ok to go away just for a weekend when I'm 36 and a half weeks pregnant?
Really want to visit my mum for one last time before baby comes, it's down in Brighton and I'm in Leeds (250 miles).
I doubt I'll go in to labour then...but who knows!? :wacko:

We went to a wedding in Leeds at 37weeks - almost 200 miles from home.

I took my notes, hospital bag and the car seat just in case

Its upto u hun but i would make sure u take ur notes just incase and ur hospital bag. U can go into labor anytime. I would love to go see my family one last time b4 his here but im not risking it even tho its only 150 miles away

Hi,

Im going away for the weekend when I will be 35 weeks were off up to pickering with my two nieces I have everything crossed that I wont go in to early labour but its a chance you gotta take, gonna take my hospital bag just in case

was debating going to see family in cornwall before xmas and before bump comes but decided against it purely for the reason we dont drive and i dont want too be stuck on a coach/train etc but if oh drove think we would and just take hosp notes and bag etc just incase

If LO isn't here by then, we'll be going away right at 40 weeks, it is only about 150 miles, and only about 1.5 hours from the birth center, but we will be bringing the hospital bags and carseat. IT is actually closer from our family's house to the birth center than it is from our house, as it takes us 2-2.5 hours from home so either way I figure we'll be fine. But as long as you think you would be comfortable either driving that whole distance in labor, or delivering in another hospital, I think it is fine.

Just been to a wedding this weekend 350 miles away at 37+1, took notes, hospital bag etc...needless to say I'm home again and still preggers!! Should be fine for you, just go prepared!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->