Going back to work?

F

FierceAngel

Hi all,

as some of you may know i was signed off work from 11 weeks due to misscarriage being high risk.. i was told at 14 weeks i could work part time however my employer couldnt accomadate that..

i stupidly left my job as i felt bad (id only been there for 6 weeks) and have made a claim for incapacity benefit (5 weeks later im still waitingf for it!)

my consutant is happy to keep me signed off especially as i leaked some fluid last week...

but im desperate to go back to work with oh working fulltime im feeling a bit lonley on my own :cry:

money is also tight and although we will manage i feel bad tht other half is working his butt off and im sitting on my bum

im trying to do all the other bits i can like, dinner, washing etc so he doesnt have to do anything like tht but i feel so useless..

he isnt holding it against me but im feeing really down about it :(

ive been looking at local part time jobs and the main job i could take at the moment would be bar/waiting work purely because they can start you asap and usually w/out references...

does anyone think its wrong for me to approch a loca employer and not mention im pregnant? my bump is visable but i can hide it with all these baggy tops fashion currently has!

im in two minds to ring or not?

sorry ive waffled now but i feel rubbish and need some help:cry::cry::cry:

u dont have to tell ur employer anyway, but if u got signed off due to u being high risk... id prsonally gt a job where u are not on ur feet all day!!! (Retail/barwork) is probably a bit of a no go, as i currently work for a mobile retailer, and being on my feet all day gets worse as u get bigger!!! Swollen fee etc arent pleasant!!

Hope that hlps x
edit: Why dont u try home working?! i think there is a few companies that still do this, my mum used to do this as my brother is disabled and she wasnt able to leave the house, that way u work at ur own pac and if u feel u need a break then u dont have anyone ver ur shoulder?! x

How about trying some sort of telephone based job - reception/call centre or customer services. That way you would be more comfortable and an employer would not be so worried about a bump. I'm freelancing at the moment and I'm dreading this job coming to an end because I would have to start looking when I'm starting to show and I'm worried that they wouldn't choose me over someone else because of potential problems..
Hx

What about working at the till in a shop like Tesco or Boots (good for discounts!)? Then you'd be sitting down, as long as they can guarantee you are on the till for the majority of your shift. In the run up to Xmas there shd be plenty of temporary jobs available.

Maybe call some the temp agencies in your area and see what they've got at the moment?

thanks guys for your support

i took your advice and have applied for part time christmas jobs with m&s, sainsburys and boots

got a rejection email from boots this morning lol some of their questions were wierd like .. have you ever told a lie? i mean how could i say no!

m&s have invited me for interview next week :D

still waiting for sainsburys...

im currently 19 weeks does anyone know the legal time i have to inform the employer and is tht only for maternity leave?

for example if the contract is due to end prior to me wanting to leave do i need to worry about anything formal?

also does anyone think its unethical to not mention it at interview?

i know they are not allowed to discriminate against me but lets face it they would choose someone over the pregnant one.. its just bussiness sense..

tia

Hi all,

as some of you may know i was signed off work from 11 weeks due to misscarriage being high risk.. i was told at 14 weeks i could work part time however my employer couldnt accomadate that..

i stupidly left my job as i felt bad (id only been there for 6 weeks) and have made a claim for incapacity benefit (5 weeks later im still waitingf for it!)

my consutant is happy to keep me signed off especially as i leaked some fluid last week...

but im desperate to go back to work with oh working fulltime im feeling a bit lonley on my own :cry:

money is also tight and although we will manage i feel bad tht other half is working his butt off and im sitting on my bum

im trying to do all the other bits i can like, dinner, washing etc so he doesnt have to do anything like tht but i feel so useless..

he isnt holding it against me but im feeing really down about it :(

ive been looking at local part time jobs and the main job i could take at the moment would be bar/waiting work purely because they can start you asap and usually w/out references...

does anyone think its wrong for me to approch a loca employer and not mention im pregnant? my bump is visable but i can hide it with all these baggy tops fashion currently has!

im in two minds to ring or not?

sorry ive waffled now but i feel rubbish and need some help:cry::cry::cry:

Just wanted to say I know how you feel - I been signed off all pregnancy since I were roughly 8 weeks and I know what you mean about feeling useless, etc. :hug:

hi just wanted to say i found a job recently 2days ago told them i was preg they were fine its sales but only in office maybe you could do that commision is great so will help with baby extras and coz its sales they dont expect you to stay years and years hope this helps either that or set up as freelance secretary i did this last time great money u pick your hours and loads of small businesses eed them in run up to xmas. hope this helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->